Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 06-19-2009

Default Prevost New Nashville Service Center

Just got home from Prevost's New Service Center in Goodlettsville TN. real easy to get to just along the side of I -65 just a bit north of Nashville.

What a great facility, 58,000 square feet, sparking clean and state of the art, Parking with 50 amp power, dump station, close to shopping, resturants, hotels, all near by.

World Class.

What's best of all, they aren't intimidated by our Birds.

I had a fuel leak in my Aquahot. They found the problem and had it fixed in two hours. Parts in stock, (fuel pump), two hours labor, price $549.00.

I also had the Hydraulic system purged and cleaned, by the

Double oil and filter change
This technique involves an initial oil drain and filter change, The system is then filled to the minimum level required and the fluid circulated until operating temperature is reached and the fluid has been turned over at least five times. The oil is drained and the filters changed a second time. An appropriate oil analysis test should be performed to determine the success of the flush. To maximize the effectiveness of this technique, the system should be drained as thoroughly as possible and the reservoir mechanically cleaned.

I skipped the oil analysis.

Labor 2 hours, I brought the Rondo 32 and the 6 need filters with me. Total for the day with tax $829.34

There was another Bird in the parking lot an LXI, no slide, coach named Wandering Somewhere, TN tags, I don't know this coach or its owner but it was nice to see another bird at my home service faculty. Looks like me and David Brady have some company, the more they work on Birds the better they'll get and the easerier it will be to get our coaches serviced.

If I could get this kind of service from my Car, Truck or Tractor, dealer I'd be a happy camper.

With 6 sevice centers in Nortn America, I give them 5 Stars.

Kurt Horvath
95 PT 42
10AC
Old 06-19-2009

Kurt,

Thanks for the information ... you didn't mention the name of the facility? Is it this location in Goodletsville http://www.busforsale.com/ if so, I've visited them several times but never had any work done by them, they have invited me to bring my coach in and give them a try.. Other than oil, and trans service, I usually perform most maintenance myself. I don't like disposing of the fluids ...PITB

I have most of my service work done at Link Automotive in Nashville off of Lebanon road. Also on Lebanon road is the Birds Nest, they are also a Prevost service center, they "say" they have experience with Blue Birds, and have some factory trained Power Tech mechanics as well. I haven't used them either but know people that do. Their shop isn't fancy by no means, but they stay very busy. They do a lot of stage coaches (entertainer buses)

I like the fact that I can bring my coach in the morning kinda watch the project and take it home. I don't like to leave it if I dont have to, and haven't had to yet ....

OK OK! I just did a search after replying and here it is, and no I haven't been there ... looks nice though, I'll have to check it out. Looks as if there are several places to choose from here in Nashville.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/prevost..._nashville.htm

Last edited by Somervillebus; 06-19-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: information added
Old 06-19-2009

Hey Slim,

The new PrevostServiceCenter just opened last week, yea, new and shinny. Prevost has worked on my coach a few times thru all three shifts. They are open 24 hours Monday thru Thursday, and all three shifts have well qualified techs. I haven’t tried anyone else in Nashville, well satisfied with Prevost. The old service manager Bruce went back to Hemphill, Prevost got him from there, he's a god guy, and they can do just about any interior stuff you might need. Nashville is without doubt the bus capitol of the US.

Kurt Horvath
95 PT 42
10AC
Old 08-15-2009

Default Prevost Nashville

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pa...sid=1244666527

With a combined 141 years of service experience Prevost Nashville prides itself in being motorhome friendly.

We have non-Prevost products as regular customers and will make every attempt to locate hard to find parts (thank you Rich)

Chris Miller - Service Manager
Mike Miguel - Service Coordinator
Keith Wilson - Service Coordinator
Rich Luttfring - Parts Spider
Rose Baker - Branch Manager
Generator Designer
1-615-496-1023

Last edited by parris001; 10-31-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I can no longer endorse this repair facility
Old 08-15-2009

Good info to know. Welcome to the site.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 08-15-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

Welcome aboard Jeff.

I can testify that Jeff is right on. He is the lead mechanic on my coach and is busting his *** to get my charge air controller situation resolved.

I was so impressed with the folks at the Nashville Prevost Service Center, that I kept adding more work to be done.

I have decided to "reset" the mechanics on Ziggy (my 97 wb43). I have a 100,000 miles on the coach and am having (or had) everything we can reach, taking advantage of no radiator or CAC, replaced, repaired and tuned. I am looking forward, excitedly to the next 100,000 miles.

Thanks, also, to David Brady and Kurt Horvath, who pointed me to this shop. Thanks also to Charlie Vaughn and his excellent suggestion to have the hydraulic hoses replaced (we found one about to go) while access was good. Having the fan motor redone as well.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 09-04-2009

Default Service Centers

Good evening all:

On the subject of service centers, Martha, J. B. Dogg and I had reason (due to a strange air leak that came up back in Wyoming a few days ago)to stop by the new Prevost Service Center in Nashville yesterday evening.

We were given the gate code and directed to the customer parking area which has water and 50 amps.

At 7:00 A.M. this morning the service man came by and directed me into a bay. An hour or so later, the leak was repaired at a very reasonable cost and we were on our way.

If you need service and are in close proximately to their facility call them. They love to work on BBs in addition to Prevosts, of course.
Old 09-04-2009

Hey Paul,

I was in the shop the other day to visit Fast Eddy Zack I saw your coach on the lift. They were still waiting on the CAC. Hope they get you going soon, Eddy says he hopes the company that is making your CAC is making a couple of them, he believes their going to need them on other coaches eventually. Maybe even mine .. I hope not!

Good luck,
Old 09-05-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

Hi Slim,

Yes, the new CAC came in and it was too small in two dimensions and it was warped from too much heat while welding.

We are now talking to a company in Canada that makes a supposedly improved CAC. They are saying 30 days to make one. We are also looking at other sources in Nashville that can repair my old one as I want to be at the NH rally and time is running out.

Once I get one made, we'll have the info to make others.

Funny, the company that made the new one swore to me they made mine, but now they are saying they didn't make it. More confusing every day.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 09-05-2009

That really bites a big one!! Even if they didn't build the original, it would have nice if they would have built a new one correctly!! ****!!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support