Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2019
Gump Gump is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Niceville
Posts: 125
Unhappy Help --M380 Ignition on Alarm

Went to hit the road this morning and when the ignition is on the warning beeper will not go out. The one that beeps when shore power is still hooked up, or jacks down etc. Everything is good to go but beeper just keeps beeping. Does anyone know where this beeper physically is located and what fuse powers it. I have recycled everything and it just won't stop beeping.

Thanks

Gump
__________________
Jacob Thorn
Niceville, Florida
2004 M380 "LandLark"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2019
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
Went to hit the road this morning and when the ignition is on the warning beeper will not go out. The one that beeps when shore power is still hooked up, or jacks down etc. Everything is good to go but beeper just keeps beeping. Does anyone know where this beeper physically is located and what fuse powers it. I have recycled everything and it just won't stop beeping.

Thanks

Gump
I know where the warning buzzer is on my bus, but not yours. But you may try using a 2X4 or something to pry up on the jack pads. One may not be making contact with the switch to indicate it is up all the way. May be dirt or something is on it also. Just a quick easy fix if it works.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2019
Dc2x4drvr's Avatar
Dc2x4drvr Dc2x4drvr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: JAX Based
Posts: 1,413
Default

Try hitting the jack switch (up) works on mine to silence the buzzer.
__________________
Lance & Linda Hall
2004 M380
Body #W000234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2019
DW SD DW SD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Encinitas
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr View Post
Try hitting the jack switch (up) works on mine to silence the buzzer.
You should see the "all up" light lit when the jacks are fully retracted. Are you seeing this light? If not, the buzzer will remain on with ignition on. Push the top of the on / off rocker switch manual retract switch on the Bigfoot panel. Retract works with ignition switch on, though the rest of the Bigfoot leveling jacks don't.

If you aren't getting the all up light to energize, find which retract switch isn't being pressed. (1" long x 1/8" probe at the base of the jack ram). They make contact with the foot when they are retracted, but are also known to stick or have other issues.
good luck,
Doug
__________________
Doug W.
Encinitas CA
2004 M380
Ex-PT36
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2019
Thumbqdm's Avatar
Thumbqdm Thumbqdm is offline
thumbqdm@gmail.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Harbor Beach
Posts: 58
Default

If you are getting the warning but don't have any lights illuminated across the black bar (such as the shore power cord or low air), it may relate to air the suspension. Cycle the suspension dump switch (assuming your 2 tanks have good pressure). If the coach feels aired up but the alarm persists, put the coach in gear, take off park brake, and move coach a couple feet then brake to rock suspension. I've had this happen before and this has stopped it. Now maybe it was coincidental to something else, but the low air light was out and I was waiting for the coach to air up.
__________________
Paul Plantinga
Harbor Beach, Michigan
2004 M380
2006 Jeep Wrangler
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2019
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbqdm View Post
If you are getting the warning but don't have any lights illuminated across the black bar (such as the shore power cord or low air), it may relate to air the suspension. Cycle the suspension dump switch (assuming your 2 tanks have good pressure). If the coach feels aired up but the alarm persists, put the coach in gear, take off park brake, and move coach a couple feet then brake to rock suspension. I've had this happen before and this has stopped it. Now maybe it was coincidental to something else, but the low air light was out and I was waiting for the coach to air up.
What Paul suggests may work, but I need to caution you on something. I had an issue once with the leveling valve and it was suggested I do this. It worked but it also broke a mirror in my bathroom closet Don't do this maneuver until you have everything buttoned up for travel. I didn't have that closet door secured and as I backed up it rolled forward and when I hit the brake it went like a bat out of h**l the other direction and cracked the door mirror. So that experience sent me and the door to a glass shop for a new mirror at about $125
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2019
CaptPegLeg CaptPegLeg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kitty Hawk
Posts: 910
Default

Some folks have had some luck whacking their fuel pump in situations like this but I don’t believe it. But that’s just me YMMV.
__________________

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2019
Gump Gump is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Niceville
Posts: 125
Default Buzzer silent

I was the jacks, even though they visually looked up I cycled them and it went out. I would still like to find where that buzzer is and what fuse powers it.

Gump
__________________
Jacob Thorn
Niceville, Florida
2004 M380 "LandLark"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2019
Randy T's Avatar
Randy T Randy T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Full-time rolling stones gathering no moss
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
I was the jacks, even though they visually looked up I cycled them and it went out. I would still like to find where that buzzer is and what fuse powers it.

Gump
Silencing the buzzer is not the fix, it is for safety. It may be time to replace the springs on your jacks though.
__________________

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Location
deborahandrandy@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2019
Dc2x4drvr's Avatar
Dc2x4drvr Dc2x4drvr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: JAX Based
Posts: 1,413
Default

No springs on Big Foot on jacks..
__________________
Lance & Linda Hall
2004 M380
Body #W000234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M380 ignition switch ACC feed diagram? chiplamb M380 (Unique Issues) 17 07-15-2019 09:33 PM
M380 - Suspension Dump Alarm? AEmedic Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions 2 06-15-2019 11:01 AM
Ignition Buz al perna LX and LXI (Unique Issues) 1 11-23-2016 07:52 PM
FC Ignition Switch cwheeler76779 Electrical 9 07-07-2010 07:41 PM
Ignition switch rjtoles FC Parts List 3 02-10-2010 08:35 AM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.