Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-13-2019

Unhappy Help --M380 Ignition on Alarm

Went to hit the road this morning and when the ignition is on the warning beeper will not go out. The one that beeps when shore power is still hooked up, or jacks down etc. Everything is good to go but beeper just keeps beeping. Does anyone know where this beeper physically is located and what fuse powers it. I have recycled everything and it just won't stop beeping.

Thanks

Gump
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
Went to hit the road this morning and when the ignition is on the warning beeper will not go out. The one that beeps when shore power is still hooked up, or jacks down etc. Everything is good to go but beeper just keeps beeping. Does anyone know where this beeper physically is located and what fuse powers it. I have recycled everything and it just won't stop beeping.

Thanks

Gump
I know where the warning buzzer is on my bus, but not yours. But you may try using a 2X4 or something to pry up on the jack pads. One may not be making contact with the switch to indicate it is up all the way. May be dirt or something is on it also. Just a quick easy fix if it works.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 09-13-2019

Try hitting the jack switch (up) works on mine to silence the buzzer.
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr View Post
Try hitting the jack switch (up) works on mine to silence the buzzer.
You should see the "all up" light lit when the jacks are fully retracted. Are you seeing this light? If not, the buzzer will remain on with ignition on. Push the top of the on / off rocker switch manual retract switch on the Bigfoot panel. Retract works with ignition switch on, though the rest of the Bigfoot leveling jacks don't.

If you aren't getting the all up light to energize, find which retract switch isn't being pressed. (1" long x 1/8" probe at the base of the jack ram). They make contact with the foot when they are retracted, but are also known to stick or have other issues.
good luck,
Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 09-13-2019
thumbqdm@gmail.com

If you are getting the warning but don't have any lights illuminated across the black bar (such as the shore power cord or low air), it may relate to air the suspension. Cycle the suspension dump switch (assuming your 2 tanks have good pressure). If the coach feels aired up but the alarm persists, put the coach in gear, take off park brake, and move coach a couple feet then brake to rock suspension. I've had this happen before and this has stopped it. Now maybe it was coincidental to something else, but the low air light was out and I was waiting for the coach to air up.
2006 Jeep Wrangler
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbqdm View Post
If you are getting the warning but don't have any lights illuminated across the black bar (such as the shore power cord or low air), it may relate to air the suspension. Cycle the suspension dump switch (assuming your 2 tanks have good pressure). If the coach feels aired up but the alarm persists, put the coach in gear, take off park brake, and move coach a couple feet then brake to rock suspension. I've had this happen before and this has stopped it. Now maybe it was coincidental to something else, but the low air light was out and I was waiting for the coach to air up.
What Paul suggests may work, but I need to caution you on something. I had an issue once with the leveling valve and it was suggested I do this. It worked but it also broke a mirror in my bathroom closet Don't do this maneuver until you have everything buttoned up for travel. I didn't have that closet door secured and as I backed up it rolled forward and when I hit the brake it went like a bat out of h**l the other direction and cracked the door mirror. So that experience sent me and the door to a glass shop for a new mirror at about $125

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 09-13-2019

Some folks have had some luck whacking their fuel pump in situations like this but I don’t believe it. But that’s just me YMMV.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 09-13-2019

Default Buzzer silent

I was the jacks, even though they visually looked up I cycled them and it went out. I would still like to find where that buzzer is and what fuse powers it.

Gump
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
I was the jacks, even though they visually looked up I cycled them and it went out. I would still like to find where that buzzer is and what fuse powers it.

Gump
Silencing the buzzer is not the fix, it is for safety. It may be time to replace the springs on your jacks though.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 09-13-2019

No springs on Big Foot on jacks..
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats