Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default radiator

I would like to know about the radiator, specifically where to get the core (size/part number?) and the CAC so I can order both before I start the process of removing my radiator in the spring. Maybe you can ask the shop how they plan on removing it, or even watch? Im glad I dont have a rust problem on mine! thats going to be a big job.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I’ll try. They tell me 8 weeks. I’m not even sure they will own up to it yet. I do have to drop off this PM and they should have a verdict by late tomorrow. Then if they agree to fix it under warranty I probably will have to pay a good chunk of change in labor. They sent the rad out the first time and it took 2 weeks. I’m sure they will tell me it’s not them. They did mess one break up and ate that as it was done in house.

If they balk I’ll be pulling it after the holidays. I’ve found many shops across country that advertise heavy radiator work. I also found one that reproduces top and bottom tanks. If it all goes to he** I hope to find new tanks through them. I’ll try to find out who the dealer (one of the biggest on the state) used and keep you all posted.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadalgo View Post
I would like to know about the radiator, specifically where to get the core (size/part number?) and the CAC so I can order both before I start the process of removing my radiator in the spring. Maybe you can ask the shop how they plan on removing it, or even watch? Im glad I dont have a rust problem on mine! thats going to be a big job.

Getting a rad and the CAC does not work like buying a rad for a camaro.
I send them both off to a good shop and they do some precise measuring and get me the parts i need.
They reuse the tanks,the rad tanks unbolt but the CAC tanks get cut off and rewelded into position on a new core.
At least thats how it works for me.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Coach went in to the service bay around 1:00PM. Right on queue the leak stopped after two days. I took lots of pictures and it was still wet when the service tech looked at it. I did add some water to the expansion tank and it only took about a gallon and a half to hit the sight glass. I was afraid the system leaked dry. I’m not sure how long this went on but for weeks after the WOG it was in a dirt lot and I am sure I missed it was leaking there. It was not till I got it home on the new pad did I see it leaking. They told me they will have an answer by tomorrow. I told them no matter, their should be no antifreeze where it was. It looks to me to be the bottom tank seal. It could just be loose bolts or hoses (I hope). I will let you all know what I hear as soon as I get the news. If it’s a warranty repair it will be 8 weeks!
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I wonder if the LX and the LXi radiator/CAC are the same? I wonder who made the radiators for bluebird? I wonder if these were a stock size or a one off deal where they only fit our coaches??
Old 2 Weeks Ago

James. I could not find a direct replacement in the spring when I replaced both my radiator and CAC. At Randy’s suggestion I contacted Julie Anders at Fleet Air Technologies in Alabama 800-398-5471. They are great to deal with and their prices are very reasonable. You will not regret calling them.
803-530-2591
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post

I have gallons of rust converter and a coating to try to treat the frame. That on my list once the garage goes up in January.
I used a product called Corroseal on my MCI, I then went over it with a rubberized undercoating. Here is a picture of before and after the Corroseal:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134 (2).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	65232

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221 (2).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	65231

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks. I have a slew of air and electric tools to clean up the rust and then the treatment and sealing. Just got to get settled in and start. Hope to have some before and after pics in January.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Strike one. Shop said they pressurized the system and no leaks. I did run it between the storage lot and home right before the leak showed up. I didn’t see the leak till the next morning. I had the pics and the chassis was still wet when I dropped it. I probably didn’t loose more than a cup or two of coolant. If they can’t figure it out I’ll bring it home. I’ll have to deal with it later. Shop is going to run it and let’s hope it starts up.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default pressure test

so they have absolutely zero warranty? which shop are you going to, I'll make sure I never go there.