Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 12-23-2009

I used the original pick up and wires from the Bendix. Super glue AND wire ties has worked for me. I find that I have to 'calibrate' my c/c every time I set it. It will go back to mfr this winter for a check up. Fast idle always works stellar but the cruise function is getting a little fussy. I'm on the forth year since install.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 01-06-2010

It's been a bit longer than I expected to complete the installation of the King Cruise. The wife was on me like stink on stuff to get it done before we pull out for Q. Dug the old coveralls out and braved the cold this afternoon. Do your coveralls shrink from no use like mine?
Our bus had the Dana Cruise once upon a time and the bracket for the sensor along with the sensor and wiring was still in place. I would bet that pickup would have worked. It appears to be just like the one supplied in the King kit. Anyway I replaced the old one and ran the new wiring to the control unit, wire tied the wiring and am now waiting to get to the Interstate to set this puppy up. The mounting bracket for the Dana sensor is ideal for the King so I didn't have to do anything about a bracket other than reuse the old.
This was not a difficult project. If I wasn't such a procrastinator this could have been completed in four or so hours.
Scale of 1 to 10 this was a 4 just because of the amount of time it takes to clean the grease from your nails.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-06-2010

I used the old bracket sensor and wires, had some fun keeping magnets attatched but I got that fixed. I'll be interested in why I find I have to calibrate mine every time I want to set it. I'm sure they can figure it out, have to get it out of the bus and up to MN.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 01-06-2010

Mike, The drive shaft still had the old magnets attached. I figured if they were good enough to grab my wrench they were good enough to send a signal.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-24-2010

Default Need to install

Rick so it sounds like the project could all be completed in an afternoon is that correct? We are leaving for Gulfpots in a couple of weeks and need to try and get one installed. Like you, prior to the install, we have no cruse, It had a Dana origionally but in now in operative. Did you find out if they also have a pedal control as well? Does that suystem require a vacume hookup or is it all electronic? I'm not looking forward to makeing a 850 mile run in two days having to manually run the throttle. The throttle cable is also missing on the bus so can't even use that on long flat runs. I'm looking at trying to do something before leaving. The biggest problem I have is I can't leave the bus parked for long periods of time in the drive way because of subdivision covenants, so i have to get all repairs done in a timely fashion. Any feedback is appreciated

Ron
Old 01-25-2010

Ron, Sorry for the delay. Had one of those senior moments and replied by E Mail that went to Flagman.

Send me a pm with your phone # and I'll give you a call about the whole set up. We have put a little over 3000 miles since the install and love it.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-26-2010

Default ordering King Cruise

Rick, I'm going to call and order the unit today. Did you have to purchase any different length cables or did the hardware that came with the kit work fine?
Old 01-26-2010

Ron, Just found your post. The cable they supply may be too short if you try to attach to the throttle linkage.

The guy at King said he would supply any length cable needed.

Give me a call tomorrow on my cell.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656