Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 11-15-2014

glad to have found this.
good to know that you should get many miles on the racor filter.

also good to know to check if the needle stays or goes to zero.
ours does go to zero when not running. Which, it should go to zero, so that's good.

however, when running it goes to the red. it does move around though when we get the Bird running in this cold weather.

some have said it could be the cold, some say just change it....but it's so cold, not really a good thing to do in the cold we've been told.

still confused on what to do, I did post about it in another thread, but glad to have found this post.

Thanks!!
~T
Old 11-15-2014

this is really simple! Change the filter. It really matters little if its 100 or - 10 if you do it properly. If you need to talk with someone about this filter change I don't mine at all if you call eight70 seven one 5 96 three 9.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 11-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
this is really simple! Change the filter. It really matters little if its 100 or - 10 if you do it properly. If you need to talk with someone about this filter change I don't mine at all if you call eight70 seven one 5 96 three 9.
Thanks, will definitely keep your number.

We know before we brought this Bird back to cold weather the filter was changed maybe a month or so before we bought it.

so I would say this filter has less than 2000 miles on it.
Old 11-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamf4 View Post
Thanks, will definitely keep your number.

We know before we brought this Bird back to cold weather the filter was changed maybe a month or so before we bought it.

so I would say this filter has less than 2000 miles on it.
Assuming (there is that word again) you have good clean fuel 2K miles is nothing. (I changed mine today - it had 9K miles on it and was still reasonably clean). Dirty or bad fuel can clog the filter in no time. There have been reports on the forum where racor filters have clogged in 100 miles or less. First item of business is to change out that Racor filter - unless the existing one is absolutely clean.. I always change the Racor first, run the engine for a few minutes - THEN change the spin on secondary filter. This way the old secondary filter will catch any STUFF possibly loosened during the Racor filter change.
When changing the Racor have a plastic bag handy - put it over the filter as you remove it - flip it over as soon as you get it free of the housing. Much less mess. Have the new one handy - install it and fill the housing to the top with clean diesel or automatic trans fluid. Wail a few minutes as the level will drop as the new filter soakes up fluid. Top off again - install new gasket & "O" ring - replace top and tighten.
Run engine for a few minutes. NOW have new spin on filter filled and ready to go - remove old one - install new one. Keeping changeover time to a minimum helps prevent too much air from entering the fuel system. engine should start, maybe sputter a bit and straighten out.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 02-12-2017

Does anyone know a part number or thread sizes for the shutoff valve in post #8? Would like to bring one out when picking up my bus later this week.

Mark
Old 02-12-2017

Just take that picture from post 8 to a parts store. They can sell you a plug for any or all of those fittings
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark V10 View Post
Does anyone know a part number or thread sizes for the shutoff valve in post #8? Would like to bring one out when picking up my bus later this week.

Mark
It is 1/8" NPT so if putting in a valve, pick up some close nipples also.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
(772) 335-348 nine
Old 02-12-2017

Thanks guys.