Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Day Ago

Welcome! My only regret about joining this bunch is that I dragged my feet so long. Our old PT-36 might just be the best money we ever spent.

My inlaws summer at Little Deer Isle, ME. That is north of you, just south of Acadia, and it is a long way from Americus, GA. In their 90's they continue to drive up there from Charlottesville, VA every May and back home in September. Their only concession to old age is the installation of an elevator in their 3 story house.

I've not taken the bird up there, but I think I will next time. They have acreage on the Chickadee Cove and we wouldn't have to be "company".

Please consider joining us in Pine Mountain, GA in October. It is a great place to meet, greet, and eat.
Old 1 Day Ago

Stick,
having visited Maine and Acadia a half dozen times ..... I can honestly say I don’t think there is anyplace more majestic that exist east coast. Evergreens, rocky coastline, smell of balsam fir in air, fresh seafood at roadside stands, countless coves and working harbors with vistas of the water. Able to sit on the rocks of Acadia overlooking the swells in the sea on a rocky out cropping with birds eye view of multiple colored lobster trap buoy’s dotting the surface of water, watching the lobsterman maneuver their boats to bring traps in and if winds right being able to hear them work the throttle of their diesel boats. Cadillac Mountain and Precipice are over a 1,000 ft above sea level right there at the coastline allowing views of all the small islands speckled around the Acadia coastline. Worth the trip!

It’s a great place!
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
Old 1 Day Ago

Next year, we'd like to venture west,

If you're thinking of North West next year, John Alley (Biobug) is hosting a rally in Hood River, Oregon, July 2nd-8th. We've just come back from this year's excursion, and it's a great time! It's not the biggest rally (8 or 9 rigs last time, if I remember right, 14 this year), which we like, because it enables us to make friends with everybody there.

Another, larger, rally is held annually at Quartzite, in January. It's dry camping in the Arizona desert, but many more buses there.

Do a search under Rallys for Quartzite, or Q, or look for Hood River for John's. There are many more, these are just 2 I happen to know about out West.

Welcome to the club...a very prestigious one!
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVinCT View Post
Hi Folks, We're brand new to the group, and haven't even picked up our coach yet - it's in the process of being updated by the dealer... So, first thing I did was have them replace the standard convection/micro with a new Advantium oven. Then I gave up some of my precious kitchen storage space to put in a new Furrion propane oven. That required them to turn the cooktop 90 degrees (pics of the final countertop coming soon). That left me with a major need for more storage, so I turned the hanging closet into a pantry. I designed the pantry drawers, and had the dealer create and install them. The pics show the projects in progress. We should be picking up the coach in about 10 days, and I'll have lots of pics of other mods as we continue to work!
With that new oven, can see why you needed the additional shelving. Not a fan of eliminating the side hanging closet. Don’t know if you have SS or DS but with the engine step up on the dual, it’s way more convenient than the rear closet. Plus, being “in” the bathroom area with the slider door separating would make it inconvenient for kitchen work. Several M380 owners have removed the Splendide WD and put shelving or cabinets there. We never used the WD so did that. When it comes time to sell, reinstalling a WD would be easy should the new buyer prefer. Don’t know how the dealer installed that GE MW. When I replaced mine, that brand all hung from the roof and they weren’t an option with the front slide. This may have changed. I went with an induction cooktop and have been pleased, though “real” cooks seem to prefer gas (which I don’t have). Changing out the backsplash and cabinet/drawer handles will update everything nicely.

M380 owners do not all intentionally “park together” at rally’s. However at first come eevents like Q, you might find some parked that way because we often know one another. However it really doesn’t make a difference who you’re parked next to, Bird owners are all good people with allot in common.

You will find two camps of thought with regard to upgrading a coach. The purists prefer to keep everything original. Some of their coaches are amazing, almost like rolling time capsules. Others update things to suit their tastes or preferences. There are good reasons to go either way. Am looking forward to seeing your update pictures.
Old 23 Hours Ago

welcome neighbor
stuart@safcofoam.com