Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Hour Ago
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg View Post
We got a washer from Lowes back in the winter and when delivery guys arrived they wanted to drop it in the driveway. They said their paperwork didn’t say anything about having to take it inside. We went a couple rounds of that until I snatched their paperwork and showed them it definitely said to install it and set existing dryer on top.
We finally bought the matching dryer a couple of weeks ago and a different pair of, English as a third language, guys showed up. One guy gave the same song and dance. The other guy couldn’t sing. No habla. They didn’t know anything about taking it inside. Said they’d drop it in the driveway or take it back. I did the right thing and politely,sorta, told them where they could put the dryer. It wasn’t in my driveway. After a few call to mgr. at Lowe’s they sent the dryer back with a different crew and installed it.
It seemed to me that was a standard ploy used by delivery guys to jack up some buyers for more money. Lowe’s agrees to deliver and install the things. The delivery company knows they have to do it but the guys in the truck are paid, I think, for each delivery so the more they deliver the more they make. The less time spent on each delivery means more money in their pocket. Then they send that money south.
I will note that the delivery guys were not from south of the border. They were 2 large African-American men. I think the bigger of the 2 was really surprised that I didn't back down and matched them attitude for attitude. He actually toned it down when I started escalating with him. Of course, it helps that I am 6-4 and about 280 and not exactly a shrinking violet.

I probably should've sent it back. Oh well.....

I'm planning to head to Home Depot tonight and me and the manager there are going to have a little conversation. I'm going to make it very very uncomfortable for him.
Marietta, GA