Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 07-04-2019

We are happy to say we are up to 18 coaches with more coming. Last night we had the "Apple Valley BBQ" and today we are getting ready for our Odell Parade. There are multiple coaches that will be playing all the patriotic songs and on top of that , 2 of the COOLEST TOADS ANYWHERE,
Fun tomes!

I have to add we had special quests that drove down for our BBQ. Ray. And Leslie Thomas made a quick trip from Olympia to join us. I even put him to work as the ribs were not cut apart so he handled that. Thanks for coming down you two!
Attached Thumbnails
20190704_112533.jpg   20190704_112627.jpg  
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 07-04-2019

Birds on parade!!!
Attached Thumbnails
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190704160822183_COVER.jpg   IMG_20190704_160548.jpg  

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 07-04-2019

That first shot was perfect! That is why we call it the Mt Hood Rally! Well done
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 07-05-2019

Today we had the "Wanderlodge Rodeo" and everyone had fun . Several wives who do not normally drive drove the pylon marked course that had some tight turns and a slalom ending with a "Back in" campsite. They did great! Then....Mark Hendrickson drove it IN REVERSE so Tracy Borgan did too. After Dick Pierson bet Tracy $5.00 that he could not do it in his LXI. Well he did and won the bet. After that Arla DeField put on the Bucket over her head and drove the course blind with Mark coaching! She did an amazing job! There is nothing she can't do! Fun was had by all!

The second picture shows the Bucket head challange and th first picture shows Dick Piersons beautiful LXI (which is for sale) backing thru the course!
Attached Thumbnails
20190705_115907.jpg   20190705_120411.jpg  
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 07-06-2019

Some drone shots of the Hood River Rally on Friday afternoon

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoodRvrRlly2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	62850

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoodRvrRlly1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	62851
cbbradford@gmail.com
Old 07-07-2019

Smile

Saturday and Sunday we did van trips around the Hood River Valley to places of interest and lunch. Sunday we lost a few who actually work for a living but ended up with a pot luck and finished the night with Spencer Cowart calling a lively Bingo game with lots of prizes and fun! His brother Parker called Bingo 2 nights ago. It is truly fun having kids here during the Rally! Ed Tuck brought his family too so there was lots of kite flying and dog playing!
Attached Thumbnails
20190707_200033.jpg   20190707_195052.jpg  
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 07-08-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobug View Post
Saturday and Sunday we did van trips around the Hood River Valley to places of interest and lunch. Sunday we lost a few who actually work for a living but ended up with a pot luck and finished the night with Spencer Cowart calling a lively Bingo game with lots of prizes and fun! His brother Parker called Bingo 2 nights ago. It is truly fun having kids here during the Rally! Ed Tuck brought his family too so there was lots of kite flying and dog playing!
Glad to hear Ed Tuck is on the road in his SP36. Hi Ed!

Hey Alleys, you ought to know that the Hood River Rally spawns fond memories. I had dinner with Joe and Pat Garner in Sedona tonight, and the 2018 rally with cream can dinner was recalled. All compliments.

I really hope to make Hood River one day, I was all set to roll on up July 1 but 1500 miles in 100* heat this year is daunting. My ACs both went belly up as I was planning the route : (Oh ****). Stay cool, looking forward to seeing you. Make mine a Kilt Lifter.

Greetings from Sedona! Thanks for all you do.
Full-time in 2019
Old 07-08-2019

We would love to see you and Jane again! It has been a while!
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 07-09-2019

Our Rally is officially over today. Yesterday we caravaned up to Timberline Lodge for. Lunch. It was not cheap but it was great quality. We then stopped at Packers for cookies and jam and relaxed the rest of the day. Many left to go back to reality and a few are heading up to WAAM today and taking off in the morning.
We ended up with 19 coaches 2 tents and a Semi attending. There was lots of kids and dogs . The grounds are fenced so it is safe. Saturday nights events in the buildings were not too loud and in general it has been a very pleasant week weather wise so we will call it a RALLY and move on.. We had some suggestions on how to improve it and I asked for that so we will plan a few things different next year. I want to thank those who pitched in and helped me with the Floral Building , garbage and so on! Jerry, you are a PRINCE! All the food was great as was the company!
So until we meet again, SAFE TRAVELS!!
Attached Thumbnails
15626806943326714635726761244856.jpg  
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 07-09-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobug View Post
Today we had the "Wanderlodge Rodeo" and everyone had fun . Several wives who do not normally drive drove the pylon marked course that had some tight turns and a slalom ending with a "Back in" campsite. They did great! Then....Mark Hendrickson drove it IN REVERSE so Tracy Borgan did too. After Dick Pierson bet Tracy $5.00 that he could not do it in his LXI. Well he did and won the bet. After that Arla DeField put on the Bucket over her head and drove the course blind with Mark coaching! She did an amazing job! There is nothing she can't do! Fun was had by all!

The second picture shows the Bucket head challange and th first picture shows Dick Piersons beautiful LXI (which is for sale) backing thru the course!
A Wanderlodge Rodeo, that does sound like fun.
I have a hard time trying to get Sally to drive the coach. Know put a bucket on her head..
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4