Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-22-2011

Default DASH PANEL REMOVAL above wiper, etc controls

Have a question for the group.
The panel above the panel which houses the wiper controls, fan switches, etc, on my '76 FC....how do you open it?
The panel moves like there should be a catch or something holding it closed, but I have felt all along the bottom of it, and for the life of me, I can't find a catch, etc. Or does it unscrew from each side??? and is lifted out.
Dumb question but thought somebody else might have the answer.
Dennie
Republic of Texas
Amateur Radio (KC4QNW) - General Class
"When you change yourself, others will change"
Old 03-23-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
Have a question for the group.
The panel above the panel which houses the wiper controls, fan switches, etc, on my '76 FC....how do you open it?
The panel moves like there should be a catch or something holding it closed, but I have felt all along the bottom of it, and for the life of me, I can't find a catch, etc. Or does it unscrew from each side??? and is lifted out.
Dumb question but thought somebody else might have the answer.
Dennie

Dennie,

To gain access to the entire area you remove the outer edge trim from around the lower dash (BLUE ARROWS), once removed this panel can be lifted up and forward about an inch. In the center bottom edge of the upper dash there is a metal brace (RED ARROW) with a screw that holds the upper center portion of the upper dash secure, remove this screw. Remove the right side screw that holds the CB Microphone holder to the right side of the dash (RED ARROW), I had to pull the upper dash panel away from the dash far enough so that I could slip a common screwdriver blade in behind the top left side rocker switch marked ACCESSORY (RED ARROW) and push on the tab that holds the switch in place and remove it from the panel, then I could insert a long screwdriver in the removed switch hole through the panel to reach the other screw that holds the left side of the upper dash panel on. I had to shine a flash light in the switch hole in order to see the left side mounting screw. On some later models look for a large headed screw in the lower left corner of the upper dash, remove it (GREEN ARROW). The mass of wiring makes further movement difficult. If needed, you can disconnect the harnesses and remove the panels, but I did not have to do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	REMOVING UPPER AND LOWER DASH PANELSsm.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	9591  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11