Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:

Old 05-31-2011

Default RV Doctor George

This past weekend I was in the Sacramento California area and took the opportunity to "check out" RV Doctor George.

While I did not need anything at the time the prices I saw were reasonable. The owner is very friendly and encourages you to walk anywhere in the store/warehouse you want.

There are vintage RV parts stacked everywhere inside and out and to the ceiling. In the owners words: "We don't throw anything away." I even found original in dash 8 track players. Some parts are clearly used and would need clean up prior to installation but sometimes it is good just to find a part.

He fully understands that some parts are no longer available new and a surplus yard is the only answer. I think the best way to find a part is to search in person but I suspect digital images and measurement might work also.

I have no vested interest in this company. I am merely trying to inform about a possible resource for those impossible to find RV parts. I make no claims about the company or its business practices.

Link: http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 05-31-2011
Former Bird Owner

When I remodeled the "forward salon" in my coach, removing the two sofas (replacing them with a desk and filing cabinets), I sold my old sofas to RV Doctor George. I got a fair price for the sofas and I'm sure that they would be potentially useful to someone else who wanted to re-work their coach's interior.

As it happens, I never needed any parts from RV Doctor George -- but I kept his website in my index as a place to look for occasional bits and pieces.

I can't comment about the company or its business practices beyond the statement that I felt I had been treated fairly and the staff was very professional when it removed the sofas from my coach -- taking care to neither damage the sofas or the coach while locating and removing all the anchoring screws and bolts.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com