Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 07-25-2018

I will check all that next time out at coach, I was just stopping by today and did not look at the situation very closely, Thanks for the replies.

Bragg
2002 Country Coach (SOB)
94 BMC 37 - Sold 2017
86 Prevost -40 (Royal) Sold
1970 National 36 - Sold
98 Jeep TJ
Old 07-25-2018

Sorry John, the one I showed was the High Idle Parking Brake Pressure Switch.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 07-25-2018
John Wyatt - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhodes View Post
Sorry John, the one I showed was the High Idle Parking Brake Pressure Switch.
No problem Barry.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 08-09-2018

Hi John,
Coach was running for a long time, Main air gage was at 120. PSI
I would assume I had Aux air, how do you know?
The tag Axel gage has not worked ever, but the bags are new and filling up raising up
Neither the main dump or the tag dump switch do anything.
They are looking at the items that Barry suggested.
They are looking for the actual pressure switches near the steer axle & the tag axel to test them today.

Thanks for everyones help.

Bragg
2002 Country Coach (SOB)
94 BMC 37 - Sold 2017
1970 National 36 - Sold
98 Jeep TJ
Old 08-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bragg View Post
Hi John,
The tag Axel gage has not worked ever, but the bags are new and filling up raising up
They are looking for the actual pressure switches near the steer axle & the tag axel to test them today.

Bragg
Do the steps work? Will the Dupree valves open and close with the air switch? If yes you have Aux air pressure.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 08-09-2018
John Wyatt - Admin

Quote:
Hi John,

Bragg
It appears that I'm not communicating very well since I've already tried to answer your Aux air question two times. First in post #10 and again in my response to the PM you sent.

Hopefully Rick has better luck.

Anyway, as to "Neither the main dump or the tag dump switch do anything"...

The Clippard valves that control the Main suspension, Tag Axle suspension and the left and right fresh air vents, all get their power from the same circuit breaker (SK32) in the Lower Front Component Panel (Out front above the headlights). So if none of those things are working correctly you might want to check circuit breaker SK32 to make sure it's supplying 12 volts.

A problem with the air supply or the air lines for the Clippard valves (or the Clippard valves themselves) can also keep the suspension from dumping.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 09-02-2018

Hi John/and WOG:

I appreciate your help a few weeks ago, thought I would update and ask a question or two, as I am getting more familiar with the bus

I have aux air, the Dupree valves work, well the one thats not frozen solid does. The step cover slides. You asked some time ago what my tag axle pressure was, it is 120 but bleeds out fairly quickly. (2 hours)

The combo gauge on the dash, for the front and rear pressure gage, the green needle holds for at least 24 hours, the red needle on the same gage bleeds down quickly. I assume each color is for front and back, but not sure which is which other than the rear of the coach seems to lower fast, so I guess that is the red needle.?

I have a LP master switch above the microwave, have fun LP, but getting nothing to the stove?? Is there another switch, Looked under cabinets, outside, ect. The LP has detetector near the fridge at foot level will sound a alarm and the red light will light up, but the green light never seems to come on.

I have a ACC togged switch above the entry steps along with the interior lights, door lock and other switches, Can figure out what this ACC switch may do.?

Any suggestions on getting my two front seats redone as well as my dinette cushions in the Tampa Bay Area, or where I would ship them out to .?

Thats it for now. Any responses appreciated.

Bragg
2002 Country Coach (SOB)
94 BMC 37 - Sold 2017
1970 National 36 - Sold
98 Jeep TJ
Old 09-02-2018

I don’t know if yours has similar functions as my slightly older and shorter Bird, I have a dump switch on my HWH leveling jack control if that is on my dash switch doesn’t work. Just tossing that into to air.
Old 09-02-2018
In The Learning Curve

Quote:
Hi John/and WOG:

I appreciate your help a few weeks ago, thought I would update and ask a question or two, as I am getting more familiar with the bus

I have aux air, the Dupree valves work, well the one thats not frozen solid does. The step cover slides. You asked some time ago what my tag axle pressure was, it is 120 but bleeds out fairly quickly. (2 hours)

The combo gauge on the dash, for the front and rear pressure gage, the green needle holds for at least 24 hours, the red needle on the same gage bleeds down quickly. I assume each color is for front and back, but not sure which is which other than the rear of the coach seems to lower fast, so I guess that is the red needle.?

Bragg
Just trying to keep this thread focused on the initial air suspension problem - recommend starting a different thread for the other issues ... ACC, LP, upholstery ...etc.

That said, John has mentioned a couple times to check circuit breaker SK32. Have you been able to do that yet?
1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet"
Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------
Old 09-03-2018

Thanks for the heads up Clint, I will try to post in the appropriate areas going forward. As for K38.

#3 ground seems to be correct

With Ignition on I get voltage to terminal 1,2 & 6. (all air pressure gages at 120
From here nothing seems to change, even after waiting the 60 seconds.

With Ignition on or off, with air or no air, the suspension dump light never goes on and neither the suspension dump switch or the tag axle dump switch do anything when pressed in either position.

As for the pressure switches by the top of generator, One side of the switch has power, but the other side never seems to get power no matter what I do. I did cross the two poles on one of the switches and I hear something clicking up front where k38 is located, but out here by myself so don't know what its triggering.

Bear with me, this is way out of my league. Truth be told, and you guys pointed me in the right direction several times, even including the photos, I had no clue til yesterday what was under that front outside cover. Don't give up on me, I am having a blast learning, sorry if it is at some of yours expense or frustration.

Bragg
2002 Country Coach (SOB)
94 BMC 37 - Sold 2017
1970 National 36 - Sold
98 Jeep TJ