Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 04-30-2018
Forum owner

John Finn has pulled a 10,000lb trailer all over the USA for many years with a 210 HP NA Cat.
SOmetimes the going was slow,but he always got there.
Like i always say,its cheaper to change the engine than it is to find a good solid Bird and have to paint it.

Buy this bus and keep your eyes open for a turbo Cat to put in it one day.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-30-2018
Can't re-member

Default Status

I have a down payment and a tentative close on Friday. Thanks all again for the kind words concerning our coach.

John

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 04-30-2018

Good. Now we'll have to listen to all the wandabees complain about how they got beat to it.

Should have sold the day it was put on the market.

One nice FC

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-30-2018
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynavion View Post
I have a down payment and a tentative close on Friday. Thanks all again for the kind words concerning our coach.

John
Did you sweeten the deal with tomato gravy? I wish you guys the best, and hope your future brings you as much enjoyment with your new cabin.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 04-30-2018
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
John Finn has pulled a 10,000lb trailer all over the USA for many years with a 210 HP NA Cat.
SOmetimes the going was slow,but he always got there.
Like i always say,its cheaper to change the engine than it is to find a good solid Bird and have to paint it.

Buy this bus and keep your eyes open for a turbo Cat to put in it one day.
I remember one time he followed me home from Myrtle Beach and we ran over the Cumberland on 25W, he had propane boost at that time I believe, and had no trouble keeping up with our 88FC35 with 300HP ATAAC.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 04-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Good. Now we'll have to listen to all the wandabees complain about how they got beat to it.

Should have sold the day it was put on the market.

One nice FC
John,
You’re spot on! No one should have an excuse, unless they were in a coma the last 3 weeks. I can’t believe it took that long to sell at that price! That was one of the best deals this year so far! Too many newcomers still believe that they can buy a paint faded fixer upper FC for 5-10k, and then renovate it to a better condition, for less than the price of this coach. Good luck in trying that..

There are some fixer upper success stories out there, but most people who takes that path, end up being frustrated. They find out that it’s more (the repairs) than they can handle, it’s costing more money than they thought, it’s taking longer than they thought, and they are not getting to use the coach, which was the reason they bought it in the first place.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com

Last edited by Birdman9096; 04-30-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
I remember one time he followed me home from Myrtle Beach and we ran over the Cumberland on 25W, he had propane boost at that time I believe, and had no trouble keeping up with our 88FC35 with 300HP ATAAC.
Propane after the turbo engine was installed.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 04-30-2018
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
Propane after the turbo engine was installed.
John I still had the old CAT 3208NA in the FC at that time, I had early on figured out how to use the downhill weight of my 'Bird to help me accelerate up the next hill and then to use the SWEET SPOT on the throttle to help get the best performance out of the 'Bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine > Throttle Sweet Spot

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I have noticed on my 'Bird that there seems to be SWEET SPOT in the throttle position, where it seems to develop the most power and speed, it is most noticeable when I'm running in the hills similar to what I encounter when I leave here in the Columbia, SC area heading north on Interstate 77 up to Charlotte, NC. Since I have driven this particular route numerous times, I know just when to use my SWEET SPOT.

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/101137034

What I men by the SWEET SPOT is if I back out of the throttle ever so slightly, rather than holding it all the way to the floor, I seem to carry more speed up to and over the top of the hills, but it takes a different mind set to remind myself to back out of the throttle to that sweet spot, it is a strange feeling when I let up off of the throttle and the speed is maintained for a longer distance on the hills, rather than with I STAND ON the throttle holding it firmly on the floor and it loses speed quicker. This takes some experimenting to find that SWEET SPOT, but it works for me. I find that the more often that I drive my 'Bird the easier it is to get into that frame of mind, because when I let the 'Bird set for an extended period of time, it takes a while, practice, practice...........practice!!!

I first encountered this when I was traveling from Montana to Wisconsin last year and I had a lot of not so very steep hills to cross and it was after that I started to remind myself to try it on larger hills, now when it comes to mountain grades, I just get out the sundial and relax

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-04-2018
Can't re-member

Default Sold.

We just completed the transaction a few minutes ago. Let me introduce to the group, Steve Winter and his new to him “Winterlodge”. “My “Navion” is now a great memory.

John & Gladys Stiles

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 05-04-2018

Congratulations, John & Gladys. It was obvious that you were incredible caretakers of her. You should both be proud!

Bob

1988 PT36 SOLD