Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-16-2019
Forum owner

No pics?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-16-2019

Pump isn't here, old one isn't all the way out yet, and the phone got so cold the screen didn't respond any more so I didn't want to wait for it to warm up inside. There will be many pictures, don't worry about that!
Old 12-16-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Pump isn't here, old one isn't all the way out yet, and the phone got so cold the screen didn't respond any more so I didn't want to wait for it to warm up inside. There will be many pictures, don't worry about that!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-16-2019
Black Sheep Division

Quote:
Pump isn't here, old one isn't all the way out yet, and the phone got so cold the screen didn't respond any more so I didn't want to wait for it to warm up inside.

I got cold just reading that! Brings back a lot of bad memories from when I used drive a truck in the frozen north (or west, as the case may be). I don't miss that weather one bit!

TOM
Old 12-16-2019

FWIW I did determine that the original cap is indeed vented, but the holes are very small.

Now what fluid to run? I like the idea of running motor oil so if the pump seal blows it doesn't fill the crankcase with ATF or hydraulic oil, but the specs seem to change over time. I honestly don't know if it really matters that much. It needs to flow when it's cold though.
Old 12-16-2019

Here's the new res next to the old one. It's hard to tell from this photo, but the new one is probably almost a foot longer and has the 3 stacked filters, much higher flowing, and holds a lot more fluid. There's nothing underneath to interfere, the brackets even have the same hole spacing. Easiest swap ever.

Here we see the old fan and motor. You can see the high pressure filter to the right of the motor. When I'm done this filter and giant 1" hoses will be gone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hyd reseseses.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	65563   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan motor.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	65564  
Old 12-16-2019

Quote:
Here's the new res next to the old one. It's hard to tell from this photo, but the new one is probably almost a foot longer and has the 3 stacked filters, much higher flowing, and holds a lot more fluid. There's nothing underneath to interfere, the brackets even have the same hole spacing. Easiest swap ever.

Here we see the old fan and motor. You can see the high pressure filter to the right of the motor. When I'm done this filter and giant 1" hoses will be gone.

I was about to ask what was all over the floor. Then I remembered your in the great white north.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 12-16-2019

It was 20 out, not bad after I put long pants and shoes on. No wind to speak of, very quiet, I like that part of living up here. Those extremely cold clear nights in the winter are pretty neat. It gets so quiet you can hear trains like 30 miles away. I used to go out at midnite on those -20 nights and set up the tripod for some long exposure photography.
Old 12-16-2019

I grew up in the NE, but nothing like Wis. We had sub zero a very few times. Most winters it would not get really cold till January. Then we be below freezing for weeks on end. Single digits lows in January and February usually. I was just up there a few weeks back and it was between 30 and 65.

Our A/C is running, I better go catch it lol. Sorry. I am sick of the summers here, hence the BB. With some luck we will be Rocky Mountain high this summer.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 12-20-2019

I'm still waiting for the new pump. They said today they are waiting for an idler. All the fittings I think I need showed up, so I should be able to get the fan motor, control, and res all installed tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some hoses made, but I don't know exactly what the ports are on the new pump yet.