Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 01-08-2020
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifreqdude View Post
I already pulled and diagnosed the issues and plan to go through it.
Joe, Yes these were stock on the 78FC35 only, the 31' & 33' had a smaller 7.5k. My 12.5k gas Onan runs great and as mentioned will run anything. In fact, during power outages I run my house with it. Smokestack was a great site for info, Cummins had many parts but not the automatic choke. So on mine I have to prime it every time I start it cold.

I did purchase a Perkins to replace this with but have not installed it yet. As far as the slide out I wouldn't mess with it. You can get to almost anything as everything is on one side. You can even get to the back from under the bus due to all that room the springer buses have. If I do need to remove it I use a small motorcycle lift jack, just undo 6 bolts and she drops to the ground. I put a Molex connector on all the control wires so no worries there either.

Let me know what you find wrong.
eMail=[EMAIL="Mike.Putz@cox.net"]Mike.Putz@cox.net[/EMAIL] | Web=[url]http://mikeputz.com/[/url][COLOR=#0000ff]
Solar = [url]https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][I]FMCA #236459, [/I][I]Good Sam #17270530, [/I][I]Vintage Birds #1509[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 01-09-2020

Yes, I have the power end off and apart, testing things, the exciter stater reads out good, some of the sealant has peeled with age on most metal surfaces. Winding's on all look perfect, no burns , blistering or apparent damage. The rotor surface on the plates have some slight surface rust from the grey primer sealer? aging, so if the connections all test good I will lightly sand with 00 sandpaper and re-glaze with whatever is proper to use. I have a good alternator/starter repair guy here and will pick his brain about that. I will post some pics and update the progress or failure, whichever comes first.

I marked and cut the external connections to install Molex connectors closer to the front wall for easy access, looks like we think somewhat alike! "Birds of a feather
Old 01-11-2020

Glad you are getting her all fixed up! By the way, we have three new rooftop units as well 2x15k and an 18k unit up front. The old JC will run all three units at the same time plus anything else (microwave, toaster, whatever) without skipping a beat.
1969 Trojan SeaVoyager
1955 BMW R50
Old Ford Trucks!