Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 06-09-2014

Anyone feel like commenting on my schematics situation? I have at least 50 different schematics sheets and honestly not sure if any of them apply to my bus. Many are for an FC. How many schematics sheets should I have? And is it possible to get schematics for my bus?
Old 06-09-2014
Black Sheep Division

I have a lot for mine too. If you look closely (magnifying glass!) you may see a note somewhere that says "Before number XXXX" or "After # XXXX" . You can set aside those schematics that don't match your coach serial number. DON'T THROW THEM AWAY! Someone else may need one or you may need one to refer to if yours gets damaged. A partial one is better than none at all.

TOM
Old 06-13-2014

The new switches from Lowes arrived yesterday, they have no thermocouple, its "built-in" to the switch, and the shaft for the knob is too short. Tried removing the shaft on the new switch, I don't think thats going to happen without destroying it, so either I redesign the sheet metal, or turn an extension on the lathe.
Old 06-13-2014
Black Sheep Division

I used a Fan Control Relay & a standard HVAC thermostat on one of mine. The relay has a relay & a 24V transformer built in. Just wire up the heater to the 120V side & the thermostat to the 24V side. My kitchen heater failed first. I put the Tstat above the counter by the spice rack.

TOM
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi folks, long time since I last posted, short story I've been traveling (not in bird), and the bird has been parked and only used occasionally as a guest house.

I cleaned out the fur balls and installed new thermostat under sofa heater years ago, don't think its ever been used since (it did work after installing new thermostat). Arrived back in Tx a few nights ago and its time to make the bird my home here (when I show up here), anyways the heater under sofa is not coming on. I'm plugged into 50amp shore power, the LED's are green on power receptacle on bus, switch inside door is set to 50a shore power, switch under dash is on, breakers are on, did I forget something?

I purchased 3 switches years ago, never got the other 2 installed, and although pretty sure they were in the bus, they have gone missing. The link for switches from Lowes is now dead, and not sure of part#, does anyone know P# or the best equivalent available today?

Edit: Switch above drivers seat for AC must be on for heat to work!

Last edited by spottrouble; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:29 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Maybe check the circuit breakers in the main distribution box
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks Bill, seems my problem was not having the "Air Conditioning" switches above drivers seat in on position, because you know, when you want heat, you have to turn on AC, LOL. Dug thru box and it seems I was smart enough to stick installation instructions for the thermostat switch in there for today, mfr King Electric, www.king-electric.com, Part#TKIT-1, no idea if still available, if I don't find the new switches in basement of bird tomorrow I'll be searching for more, or something else equivalent.