Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-04-2013
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default Are you a new member waiting to be approved

One of my jobs here on WOG is getting to approve all new members and some times there can be problems in getting this accomplished. We here on WOG have a very strict NO SPAMMERS policy that can at time make it hard to join WOG, but I usually can get the job accomplished if the potential member who has been denied membership sends me an email through the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page of the forum.

Another problem in getting new members approved is when the potential member does not reply to the WOG forums software generated email that is sent to every new member to verify that they indeed did apply for membership, when they reply to that email it is then sent to me and when I receive it, I can then get them approved after a few more checks to reassure me that there is no SPAMMING intended by the applicant.

This all may sound like a lot of whoops to jump through in order to join WOG but they are also one of the reasons that I can only remember one SPAMMING incident since WOG was created and we would like to keep it that way.

So if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Sometimes the problem is as simple as adding the WOG email address wanderlodgeownersgroup@gmail.com to your email address book.
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2013
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
One of my jobs here on WOG is getting to approve all new members and some times there can be problems in getting this accomplished. We here on WOG have a very strict NO SPAMMERS policy that can at time make it hard to join WOG, but I usually can get the job accomplished if the potential member who has been denied membership sends me an email through the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page of the forum.

Another problem in getting new members approved is when the potential member does not reply to the WOG forums software generated email that is sent to every new member to verify that they indeed did apply for membership, when they reply to that email it is then sent to me and when I receive it, I can then get them approved after a few more checks to reassure me that there is no SPAMMING intended by the applicant.

This all may sound like a lot of whoops to jump through in order to join WOG but they are also one of the reasons that I can only remember one SPAMMING incident since WOG was created and we would like to keep it that way.

So if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Sometimes the problem is as simple as adding the WOG email address wanderlodgeownersgroup@gmail.com to your email address book.

It is time to re-post this again as we have a backlog of people waiting to be approved as members of WOG, so if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Here is a list by Usernames that are still waiting for that reply before we can approve your membership;

JKG plus 4

samstanko

Miko38
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2013
Zbird's Avatar
Zbird Zbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: kellyton
Posts: 326
Default

Hi John
I am a newb here but got approved pretty quick. My question is regarding a post I tried to make this morning about a BB I am going to look at this weekend. About how long does it take for posts to show up?
Thanks for your site and incredible info
Barry. Zbird
__________________
Barry Zion - - Zbird
Kellyton , Alabama
'89 SP36 Silver Anniversary Edition
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2013
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbird View Post
Hi John
I am a newb here but got approved pretty quick. My question is regarding a post I tried to make this morning about a BB I am going to look at this weekend. About how long does it take for posts to show up?
Thanks for your site and incredible info
Barry. Zbird

I check the forum throughout the day and approve new members posts rather quickly, but yours got approved early the morning when I first got up and I live in South Carolina, we use this method as part of our anti-spamming policy, this is not saying you are a spammer, but we like to make sure by reading a new members first and sometimes second and third posts just to make sure, you shouldn't have any delays from now on, unless you would make a post on a moderated Sub-Forum or thread and in that case everyone is moderated .

I know that you and every member on WOG has read the links that were included in your welcome emails, so I won't be answering anymore questions about the forum Here is one that will help too check out Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features > How do I read this NEW forum, like I did the old Yahoo forum on the Internet? UPDATED

We are very proud of our Anti-Spamming record here on WOG and we want to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-15-2016
WannaFly WannaFly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: El Paso
Posts: 10
Default

I am a flagman for the county, and drive the main road..Searching for the Sun on another overload Just seemed right?
Many Thanks to you and Randy for the add!
Bryan
__________________
Bryan Janos
El Paso, Texas
Still Looking
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-15-2016
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaFly View Post
I am a flagman for the county, and drive the main road..Searching for the Sun on another overload Just seemed right?
Many Thanks to you and Randy for the add!
Bryan
I was a flagman but not for the county I ran Finn's Flag Cars Nationwide Oversize Load Escorting and my CB handle was and still is Flagman, I worked with oversize loads like this one, a General Electric Jet Engine that has the nacelle removed it was 16' high, we took it from Durham, NC to their test facility at Peebles, Ohio.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ge%20jet%20engine.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	44948  
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2016
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 36,574
Default

hey Flagman,do you know where the term "wigwag" comes from in the automotive industry?
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-16-2016
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
hey Flagman,do you know where the term "wigwag" comes from in the automotive industry?
Yes I do, I have them on my old work van, if you are talking about the alternating flashing headlights.


__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-16-2016
WannaFly WannaFly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: El Paso
Posts: 10
Default

I was recounting the words from an old Glenn Campbell song "Lineman For the County". Very interesting work Flagman!
Recently say your video on the removal of your Cat engine via Toyota forklift..
The video is G, the audio is R+ Your maybe Retired NAVY??
Bryan
__________________
Bryan Janos
El Paso, Texas
Still Looking
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-16-2016
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaFly View Post
I was recounting the words from an old Glenn Campbell song "Lineman For the County". Very interesting work Flagman!
Recently say your video on the removal of your Cat engine via Toyota forklift..
The video is G, the audio is R+ Your maybe Retired NAVY??
Bryan
That is why the video is on Wanderlodge_all and I didn't put the video on the main WOG forum. The video was shot by me (before my hand tremors got real bad) I'm an USAF veteran, with most of the audio provided by Mike Hohnstein and his crew and that is what you get along with the quality work that they perform, it was and still is worth every penny that I spent there. I consider Mike a great friend who affectionately calls me "GEEZER" (can we say that about Mike ) and an awesome gearhead too.

Here is a post about the video for those of you that may not have seen it before, it is quite entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Ok, I'm usually the enforcer of the WOG Guidelines, so I really tried hard to do some serious editing and finally gave up on that, of this video of the Engine and Transmission removal from my 'Bird, so here is my solution, I have posted it over on our anything goes forum Wanderlodge_all View The "Members Only Area" Wanderlodge_all , here is a link to that post you must be a member of Wanderlodge_all to view the video and be forewarned there may be some offensive language that would not work well over here on WOG, so don't come back over here to WOG and complain about that, check out https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...messages/11939

If you are not a member of Wanderlodge_all just join it and I will approve your membership, you may want to read this first before joining;
Members Only Area Wanderlodge_all (Questionable Content)
\\\\\ Click Here to Read the "WARNING" First before clicking on View The "Members Only Area" Wanderlodge_all below /////
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you waiting for an answer from thhe WOG forum? iamflagman Announcements (MODERATED) 0 04-17-2011 12:41 PM
Caution about pre-aproved fuel purchase iamflagman Travel Tips - Fuel Prices 9 11-04-2009 09:38 PM
Freeze Heaters ... Fire waiting to happen? NH Bill HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters 1 10-31-2008 08:21 PM
Waiting In Florence, SC iamflagman Tell Us Where You're At 3 05-09-2008 12:35 AM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.