Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 06-06-2014

Thanks Tom! I'm going to wire the shore power to it tonight and get those AC's running!
Old 06-07-2014

Wired a 50 amp receptacle into back of shop today, decided to drag a couple fire extinguishers out there too, just in case. Rear AC is rockin, middle AC is rockin, front AC works great, only problem is the electric heater under front sofa is blowing hot air as soon as I turn on breaker for front AC. There is a thermostat just above CruiseAir controls for front AC, guessing it controls that heater, manual is not exactly clear on that. I did notice 2 rocker switches down by floor and just to the right of that heater, one marked on/off, other marked Hi/Low, it is in Off position. Thought contacts in the switch might be bad so I pulled those switches out and removed wires from the On/Off switch and it still blows hot air, what the....!

Ok, I'm a little stumped on this one, any suggestions? Do those rocker switches control the heater?
Old 06-07-2014

The breaker is marked "front AC & Heat", heater may have been operating when I ran the gen, it was so hot in there I might not have noticed it before.
Old 06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottrouble View Post
The breaker is marked "front AC & Heat", heater may have been operating when I ran the gen, it was so hot in there I might not have noticed it before.
Those switches should control the fan for that under sofa heater - at least it does in mine
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 06-07-2014

Kristin,
Like KC says, those rocker switches sound like the ones for your chassis heater. Do you have a thermostat labeled chassis heat? My electric heaters all have their own thermostat directly on each heater. Chap
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottrouble View Post
Wired a 50 amp receptacle into back of shop today, decided to drag a couple fire extinguishers out there too, just in case. Rear AC is rockin, middle AC is rockin, front AC works great, only problem is the electric heater under front sofa is blowing hot air as soon as I turn on breaker for front AC. There is a thermostat just above CruiseAir controls for front AC, guessing it controls that heater, manual is not exactly clear on that. I did notice 2 rocker switches down by floor and just to the right of that heater, one marked on/off, other marked Hi/Low, it is in Off position. Thought contacts in the switch might be bad so I pulled those switches out and removed wires from the On/Off switch and it still blows hot air, what the....!

Ok, I'm a little stumped on this one, any suggestions? Do those rocker switches control the heater?
Remember you have 3 heating systems in this bus and it sounds like they are all under the couch. The thermostat by the CruiseAir control should control the propane heater. It may also control the chassis heater, it does on my 86PT but on some earlier models the chassis heater had a separate thermostat. The 2 rocker switches down by the floor control the chassis heat system. The electric heater should be a self contained unit with its own built in thermostatic control. I have seen on my 79 with the heater under the couch the thermostat for the electric heater was replaced with a toggle switch. I would take the front off the electric heater to see what the control looks like.
Follow our travels at:
ampersandgemandjewelry
Old 06-07-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
Those switches should control the fan for that under sofa heater - at least it does in mine
Chassis heat when in Winter/Summer & tstats set for heat
Old 06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Chassis heat when in Winter/Summer & tstats set for heat
Bill,
Will the Winter/Summer switch work in the Spring & Fall
Inquiring (not too bright) minds want to know
Never mind - I think I figured to out
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 06-07-2014

There are 3 thermostats in the living room (front of bus), on the curbside there are 2 thermostats, one labeled "Chassis Heat", other labeled "LP Heater". The thermostat on the street side (above CruiseAir Controls) is not labeled, and I see no other controls for the electric heaters anywhere in the bus. Engine was never started yesterday, so I don't think its chassis heat. It is definitely forced air heat, and lots of it, I was kinda worried the sofa might catch fire. I've been working outside all day and presently suffering drain bammage, I'll check into the heater issue again this evening.
Old 06-07-2014

That operates the electric Suburban on mine under the couch
FMCA 387867