Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 06-07-2014
spottrouble spottrouble is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 150
Default

Checked again, its definitely the electric heater, there is a switch on lower left edge of thermostat, regardless of position of that switch heater under sofa comes on as soon as I throw the breaker. Is the kitchen electric heater controlled by the same thermostat? I cannot find a thermostat for kitchen heater, and it does not come on in either position of thermostat switch by the sofa. There is one thermostat in bedroom, when I throw switch on that thermostat, bedroom heater does not come on, but the fan that transfers heat to bathroom does come on (at least I think that is what that fan is for).

Looked thought the schematics, there has to be at least 50 pages worth, not sure how many apply to my bus, some are labeled "rear bath" ( I have a side bath), and many are labeled "WLFC & WLPP", years range from '83 to '88. So how many pages of schematics should I have?

Assuming the thermostats are like any household thermostats they are just low voltage and control contactors/relays, where would I find the contactors/relays for the heater under sofa? There is a whole mess of relays in the overhead compartment right above the sofa. What about relays for kitchen and rear heaters?
__________________
Kristin
San Marcos, Tx
1985 PT40 6V92 Half Dead Bird
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-07-2014
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 36,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottrouble View Post
Checked again, its definitely the electric heater, there is a switch on lower left edge of thermostat, regardless of position of that switch heater under sofa comes on as soon as I throw the breaker. Is the kitchen electric heater controlled by the same thermostat? I cannot find a thermostat for kitchen heater, and it does not come on in either position of thermostat switch by the sofa. There is one thermostat in bedroom, when I throw switch on that thermostat, bedroom heater does not come on, but the fan that transfers heat to bathroom does come on (at least I think that is what that fan is for).

Looked thought the schematics, there has to be at least 50 pages worth, not sure how many apply to my bus, some are labeled "rear bath" ( I have a side bath), and many are labeled "WLFC & WLPP", years range from '83 to '88. So how many pages of schematics should I have?

Assuming the thermostats are like any household thermostats they are just low voltage and control contactors/relays, where would I find the contactors/relays for the heater under sofa? There is a whole mess of relays in the overhead compartment right above the sofa. What about relays for kitchen and rear heaters?
On the heater itself theres a knob,turn the knob to the off position.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-07-2014
OldGrandad's Avatar
OldGrandad OldGrandad is offline
Slow Learner
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Decatur, TX
Posts: 267
Default

Kristin, it's definitely not a waste of time to pull that heater out to clean it. There are several threads about the dust, hair, etc that build up over time. Potential fire hazard!
__________________
Mike and Karen Shawn
Decatur, TX
1983 PT40 (sold)
2007 Coachmen Mirada 300QB
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-08-2014
spottrouble spottrouble is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 150
Default

Just went and checked with flashlight and reading glasses, dang my eyesight is getting bad, I thought that was just a little plastic mfrs tag. Turned knob all the way right (warmer) till it "clicked", but heater is still on, turning to left knob just comes to a stop, no matter which way I turn it that heater is pumping lots o heat. Tried kitchen and bedroom heaters, knobs on those do not click either direction of rotation, and neither one comes on. Guess I'm pulling heaters next.
__________________
Kristin
San Marcos, Tx
1985 PT40 6V92 Half Dead Bird
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-08-2014
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottrouble View Post
Just went and checked with flashlight and reading glasses, dang my eyesight is getting bad, I thought that was just a little plastic mfrs tag. Turned knob all the way right (warmer) till it "clicked", but heater is still on, turning to left knob just comes to a stop, no matter which way I turn it that heater is pumping lots o heat. Tried kitchen and bedroom heaters, knobs on those do not click either direction of rotation, and neither one comes on. Guess I'm pulling heaters next.

If its AC just find the breaker switch in the mains box. Turn it off there.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-08-2014
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottrouble View Post
Just went and checked with flashlight and reading glasses, dang my eyesight is getting bad, I thought that was just a little plastic mfrs tag. Turned knob all the way right (warmer) till it "clicked", but heater is still on, turning to left knob just comes to a stop, no matter which way I turn it that heater is pumping lots o heat. Tried kitchen and bedroom heaters, knobs on those do not click either direction of rotation, and neither one comes on. Guess I'm pulling heaters next.
If this is an AC electric toe /baseboard heater, & it is still heating after turning the knob counter-clockwise, the thermostat behind that knob is defective. check out this thread

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=18015
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-08-2014
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 36,607
Default

i think he said it didnt click.
I'm not sure that they click,its been a few years!
try again.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-08-2014
markusfmeyer markusfmeyer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,687
Default

This is a silly thing to check.....find another electric heater that works, ie you can shut it off. Swap knobs with that one and this "trouble heater". Why? I have had the "hole" on the back of the knob strip to the point where the knob turns, but its really not doing anything other than spinning on the stud behind it. Worth a shot.
__________________
Markus Meyer
Phoenixville, PA
1986 PT40 6V92
VB 1570
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-08-2014
K Ridley K Ridley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Spokane
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
If this is an AC electric toe /baseboard heater, & it is still heating after turning the knob counter-clockwise, the thermostat behind that knob is defective. check out this thread

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=18015
That thermostat will work for the Fasco toe kick heaters. My PT has 2 of those and 2 wall heaters which I purchased new thermostats for at Lowes. Here's a link to the thermostat I purchased. http://www.lowes.com/pd_252766-13468...3D4&facetInfo=
__________________
Kevin Ridley
1979 FC35 XV (Sold!)
1986 PT40 Amazing Grace (Full Timing It)
Follow our travels at:
ampersandgemandjewelry
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-08-2014
spottrouble spottrouble is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 150
Default

Thanks folks! Just ordered 3 new thermostats from Lowes, had to order online as local store did not have them in stock.
__________________
Kristin
San Marcos, Tx
1985 PT40 6V92 Half Dead Bird
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still having electrical issues! Icefixr66 M450 (Unique Issues) 14 10-16-2013 08:51 PM
M450 AC electrical issues Hunter M450 (Unique Issues) 15 07-15-2013 05:24 PM
Electrical Issues Coos26 Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics 2 05-15-2012 07:51 PM
Tow Bar Issues luckyron General 5 05-08-2012 12:37 AM
Help needed - 86PT40 electrical issues / Ralph Fullenwider markusfmeyer Electrical 83 06-14-2010 07:14 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.