Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 07-27-2018

Default Current Tech - Tire Pressure Monitors?

Hi Folks!

We are new BB M380 owners, waiting to pick up our coach from the dealership. They were supposed to install a Tire Pressure Monitoring System for us. We had specified the Tire Minder A1A System (for 6 wheels on the coach and 4 wheels on the dinghy) cause we heard it was a good one. They have had the coach at 3 tire installation places now, and all of them have declined to install the A1A system. They haven't given us any reason why they don't want to do it - and we're trying to track that down.

Does anyone know any reason why they are refusing to install it?

Will the A1A work with the M380?

Should we be specifying another system, and if so what?

THANKS in advance for all your expertise!

Todd & Karen

Old 07-27-2018

While in the end I was not happy with my Tire Minder system, (Problem with accuracy) they have great customer service. Why not give them a call. I'll bet they will even walk you through the install.

I went with a TST system and am very happy with it. Why anyone would refuse to install it is a mystery. Can't wait to hear that answer!
Birdless for now.
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 07-27-2018

If it doesn't make any sense, suspect lawyers and liability.
Old 07-27-2018

If the system has a rear signal booster, they more than likely do not want to install that as it would require running wire, breaker switch etc.

I have the Tire Minder TM-77 system and an very happy with it. Do the install yourself as it is a no brainer. Connect the remote transmitters power to the rear view camera's power lead and use a fuse in line as it draws minimal current. This way every time you turn the rear view camera on the remote transmitter is also powered.

Setup for the pressure monitors is easy and will take you no more than a few minutes to complete except for the inside dual drive tires since the valve stem is between the rims.

May want to look into the CrossFire dual pressure system for this and separate hoses with schraders for each tire which will eliminate the inside tire pressure monitor mounting issue.
http://www.dualdynamics.com/products/cross-fire/
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 07-27-2018

I am running EEZ Tire with a booster mounted in the rear overhead cabinet. The LXi has a rear 12v load center back there and install of the booster was a breeze. I am also running Crossfires on the duals that have a separate shrader valve for each tire. Those crossfires saved me on a recent trip when I had a slow leak on one of my inside tires. the crossfires kept the tire pressure equal which bought me a lot of time. when I reached my destination I was down to 60psi on both tires. Called Coach-Net and they sent a guy out while I was out enjoying myself (wife was at the coach) and came back to a fixed tire! I had a valve stem leaking.

I am also running Centramatics on all wheel positions. Those are wheel, hub and rim balancers that dynamically balance in real time. Absolutely love those.

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 07-28-2018

Hi Karen,
Congrats! I’m a new M380 too.
Mine has crossfires on the rear. Those have a visual indicator. My coach has remnants of a tire pressure monitor. Doesn’t seem hard to install. Just probes that thread on to the schraeder valves and a small alarm on the dash.

Which one M380 did you buy?

Doug
Ex-PT36

Last edited by DW SD; 07-28-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
I am running EEZ Tire with a booster mounted in the rear overhead cabinet. The LXi has a rear 12v load center back there and install of the booster was a breeze. I am also running Crossfires on the duals that have a separate shrader valve for each tire. Those crossfires saved me on a recent trip when I had a slow leak on one of my inside tires. the crossfires kept the tire pressure equal which bought me a lot of time. when I reached my destination I was down to 60psi on both tires. Called Coach-Net and they sent a guy out while I was out enjoying myself (wife was at the coach) and came back to a fixed tire! I had a valve stem leaking.

I am also running Centramatics on all wheel positions. Those are wheel, hub and rim balancers that dynamically balance in real time. Absolutely love those.
Did you have to pay for the repair or did Coach-Net pick up the tab ?

I have the EEZ, I had a issue with 2 of my senders. I had to mail them back and they sent out new ones, haven’t put the new ones on yet. Overall I’ve been happy with the system, for sure gives you piece of mind.
Old 07-28-2018

Another EezRv tpms user here. Have had the system for two years and it works flawlessly.
fmca 200288
eglider03@gmail.com
Old 07-28-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
Did you have to pay for the repair or did Coach-Net pick up the tab ?
Coach-Net covered all expenses. I didn’t have to pay a thing. The guy they sent out also brought with him a new tire just in case I needed one. He also noticed I was missing a lug nut on one of my wheels. He replaced that as well.

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 07-21-2019

I know this is an older thread, but I am now looking at adding tire pressure monitors and possible crossfires to our bus.

Are you able to ad the tire monitor to the crossfire?

And where did you mount the crossfire if you have a high hat on the back tires?

The EEZ systems seems to be popular on here but the reviews say a lot of metal will cause interference....well our buses are all metal so is this really a problem?

Its a year later so, how have your systems held up over this time span?

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com