Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 11-24-2019

I love our springer '79. I prefer the way it drives to all the early 80's FC's with air ride that we test drove when we were looking.
250T, 4.33
Old 11-24-2019

Lucas would you be able to explain what the hydraulic hitch system is or point me to the thread where it is explained??

Thanks
Old 11-24-2019

Hi all -

I don't have time to get on here much, as we have numerous projects going on, but wanted to chime in and say that if this coach is still for sale I'm amazed. My wife and I purchased her from Lucas, who did an amazing job with everything mechanical, and we spent a fair amount of time and $$ updating the interior. She's about as nice an FC as you will find. The current owner had no intention of selling when he bought it from us, but life has changed for them and they had to change with it. He called me voicing his regret in having to let it go, and did so as a courtesy in case I saw the bus advertised. Trust me - he's no flipper - he's selling it for less than I did.

If you're looking for a really nice, well appointed, well documented FC, then it's worth every bit of $20K. If I was in a position to buy it back, I would...but another project is taking priority right now.

I was sure she would have sold by now, and perhaps she has...but if not I'd give this bus some very serious consideration if you're in the market for an FC.

As to the above question regarding the hydraulic toad lift, that's something Lucas would be able to answer better than I - he installed it, and I never used it. I unbolted the carrier portion and set it up as a standard receiver. I still have the carrier assembly in my backyard, as the current owner didn't want it. If someone wanted to use it as Lucas designed, it would just need to be re-assembled.
'76 FC35 SB (project)
'91 SP36 (sold)
2008 Dodge Dakota 4x4 toad
A whole herd of English Bull Terriers

Live long and Wander.
Old 11-25-2019

If I remember correctly, the hydraulic hitch was similar to a ****** and grab tow truck used for repossessing. It just picked the front wheels off ground and pulled away.

How about the 2 speed rear end? What's the RPM at 65mph?

Back to wanna be status
Old 11-25-2019

Default 1980 FC w/250 turbo in AZ

Yes it is from a tow truck application. It worked great, I could back into a space with the car on the carrier the same as a regular trailer. The picture was taken before the bumper was reinstalled.
The two speed axle ratios are 4.31 and 5.86 At 2000 rpm we would do 55 miles per hour. I think I remember at 65 it was apx 24 to 2500 rpm. Since most all of our travels were in California, 55 is max when towing and the coach got 8.9 miles per gallon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueBird Car Carrier 001.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	65303