Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-01-2010

Default Help with slide module

Hi guys,

I drove my coach on heavy rain for about 6 hours. After I set up at the campground I heard noise from the electronic slide module in roadside cargo bay 3. If I unplugged the ac, the noise stop. I checked the electronic module and there is humidity in it. So my question is: is there a way to turn the electronic module off so that I can dry it and still use ac?

From a guy that is far from home...

Thank you

2004 M380
Old 10-01-2010

Ok, I removed the two 30 amp breaker from the inverter located beside the electronic module and of course it stopped the noise when I plug the ac. Fortunately my 2 slides are closed. Tomorrow I will try to dry the module with an hair blower to see if it could help. If I have to leave the two 30 amp breaker removed, do you think that I could have a shift inhibit? Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks

2004 M380
Old 10-01-2010

Default Help with slide module

Andre:

I don't have any experience with your problem but i don't think you would experience a shift inhibit. That would occur if the slides are not in and locked. I don't see operating without the 30 amp fuses in place any different than not turning on the inverter. Again, I am assuming the fuses you removed are on the output side of the inverter.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvjeanm380 View Post
Andre:

I don't have any experience with your problem but i don't think you would experience a shift inhibit. That would occur if the slides are not in and locked. I don't see operating without the 30 amp fuses in place any different than not turning on the inverter. Again, I am assuming the fuses you removed are on the output side of the inverter.
Thanks Marv,

Yes these are the fuses I removed. I guess that the seal can't inflate with a module off if the air pressure drops?

2004 M380
Old 10-01-2010

Default M380 slides

There could be an issue with your transmission if you are having problems with the slide. Check out this older blog http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...earchid=462044 for some info about a problem I had and the quick fix suggested by one of the senior bluebird techs. I've heard that there is a sensor that is designed to inhibit the transmission of the slides are not fully retracted.
Old 10-02-2010

Andre, 1st off what kind of noise. The computer in Bay #3 has a Ac to Dc converter which powers the electronics for the rear slide. Where is the noise coming from? The converter or the slide electronics? The converter can easily be shut off by just pressing the "Test" button on the GFI plug it is plugged into. This will kill the plug and the converter. No need to pull fuses. This will shut down all electronics to the "REAR SLIDE" only. This has nothing to do with the front slide. The plug is right above your head when you stick it in the bay.

I keep my computer turned off unless I want to move the slide. No need for those computers to stay powered on for 100's of hours when the room is not being moved. Any time your coach has ac power those computers are on and they are very easily over heated. The room seal will stay inflated because the the air solenoid needs 12Volts to pick it and deflate the seal and that comes from the computer. No power, no deflate. Unless you use the air dump valve. I am about 75% sure the transmission inhibit is a "ground" signal from the computer and that is defeated also when the power is off. I have driven my coach many times when the power was off to the rear slide. Just press the test switch on the GFI and drive if the room looks like it is flush with the outside wall.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchaffin View Post
Andre, 1st off what kind of noise. The computer in Bay #3 has a Ac to Dc converter which powers the electronics for the rear slide. Where is the noise coming from? The converter or the slide electronics? The converter can easily be shut off by just pressing the "Test" button on the GFI plug it is plugged into. This will kill the plug and the converter. No need to pull fuses. This will shut down all electronics to the "REAR SLIDE" only. This has nothing to do with the front slide. The plug is right above your head when you stick it in the bay.

I keep my computer turned off unless I want to move the slide. No need for those computers to stay powered on for 100's of hours when the room is not being moved. Any time your coach has ac power those computers are on and they are very easily over heated. The room seal will stay inflated because the the air solenoid needs 12Volts to pick it and deflate the seal and that comes from the computer. No power, no deflate. Unless you use the air dump valve. I am about 75% sure the transmission inhibit is a "ground" signal from the computer and that is defeated also when the power is off. I have driven my coach many times when the power was off to the rear slide. Just press the test switch on the GFI and drive if the room looks like it is flush with the outside wall.

The noise came from the electronic, not the converter. I'm pretty sure that the cause of it comes from the fact that the module was very humid. I let it dry today and tomorrow I will try it again.

Your idea about turning the computer off seems a very good idea and that is what i'm going to do in the future.

2004 M380