Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
TMobile international plan has unlimited high-speed hotspot from phone.
T-Mobile seems to have some issues with reception. It is practically useless in my area. A friend of mine from Clemson, SC came up and he and his wife both have T-Mobile and they had no reception at all at my house and it was extremely spotty when driving around our area. They said they run into that a lot in their travels. That is one thing I will credit to Verizon on and that is coverage. I have trouble finding any place that I have been that I don't get a signal.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 4 Days Ago

We switched from Sprint to T-Mobile. We found T-Mobile to have MUCH better reception when we were in rural areas.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
We switched from Sprint to T-Mobile. We found T-Mobile to have MUCH better reception when we were in rural areas.
I can see why you are thrilled with T-Mobile, when switching from Sprint Before my wife and I were married she had Sprint and she lived 1/4 mile from their tower. When she called me she would have at least 3 dropped calls, before we finisher our conversations. I know of nobody that has Sprint in our area.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Yeeeeeeouch expensive to do that for any length of time, though. It might be cheaper to launch your own satellite network.
Not true Andy. Due to their seemless international worldwide texting and 2G Internet access, I’ve been a T-Mobile customer for several years (switched after suffering with Sprint :rolleyes ). In the past, T’s domestic coverage wasn’t the best. However their worldwide coverage IS the best, especially in Europe. Recently I’ve noticed greatly improved US coverage too. This past year they ran a deal called “60 for 60” = TWO lines unlimited talk, text and internet with hot spot service for $60/mo INCLUDING all taxes and fees . The catch was one had to be 60 or older. A little over a year ago instead of a Mobley, I also snagged AT&T’s Rural Area deal. While not unlimited, it’s a HUGE amount of data for $40/mo. So for the combined total of $100/mo I get unlimited service from TWO different carriers with different coverage maps! Combined with my WeBoost, I’d comfortably compare that combo to Verizon any day. During our trip to Casper WY last year we traveled through some WIDEOPEN spaces and it was surprising how often I was able to get service from at least one on the edge of nowhere. For those times when we ARE in the middle of “nowhere”, I’ve kept the Directv sat dish service so far. I’m now reevaluating even that with the AT&T-Directv merger deal.

To tie it all into this threads topic, our Smart TV can easily log directly onto either of these coach “data pipes” and for the past couple of years I can’t remember ever logging onto an RV Park’s WiFi system. If one were to add an AppleTV box (or one of the other generic versions), now THAT’d be a Smart TV! It’s amazing how much mobile computing and TV service has improved and decreased in price over the past 4 years that we’ve owned the bus!
Old 4 Days Ago

SMART TV's... there is an interesting subject... I have first hand information they are more than just smart... Mac and I went looking for a new TV the other day... those things are not only smart they are mind readers... I was looking at a 55 inch curved screen and no sooner that I THOUGHT about it... it told me I couldn't afford it... what happened to the days when you would walk in town to the department/tv stores and watch it thru the plate glass window and learn to read lips
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 4 Days Ago

Eddie, it went the way that dog went that was watching a phonograph play.
Old 4 Days Ago

Steve... I guess you are right... so I wont tell about me looking at a SMART CAR... seems the SMART TV and the SMART CAR have been in a relationship of some kind via a SMART PHONE... the car got custody of their off spring... its just a small feller, but it has its own seat in the dash board
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERay View Post
SMART TV's... there is an interesting subject... I have first hand information they are more than just smart... Mac and I went looking for a new TV the other day... those things are not only smart they are mind readers... I was looking at a 55 inch curved screen and no sooner that I THOUGHT about it... it told me I couldn't afford it... what happened to the days when you would walk in town to the department/tv stores and watch it thru the plate glass window and learn to read lips

Eddie. Back in 1959 I can recall delivering the morning paper and then going around and collecting for the paper. I would always waited until Bonanza was on to go collect. There was one color TV in town and it was on my route. I would arrive just as the show started and stood on the sidewalk and looked into the big picture window of the house and watched Bonanza. Everything was green, the actors, the horses, the scenery But it wasn't in black and white and I would stand there and watch it. So to me, any TV that we have now is a smart TV because the colors are like they are supposed to be and you don't have to do a thing.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Days Ago

When I upgraded TV's I went with a smart TV as nothing is stagnant when it comes to Tech. Just a few years back WI-FI was not common in parks. Now it is the exception when a park does not have WI-FI. I suspect streaming will be common in parks in the not to distant future. Parks are always under pressure to upgrade to keep up with the competition.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 2 Days Ago
Geek

Lots of parks are clueless about how to best run WiFi. Many with fairly obvious high-speed cable connections throttle individual users to 1 or 2 Mbps. Generally when you have a big pipe it is best to let everybody have access to the full speed - for many uses they will be on and off in seconds rather than minutes, and for those that stream HD they typically won't exceed 6Mbps. If you have a Gigabit pipe your users will be fine, and happy, instead of discontented and leaving bad reviews.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1