Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

I am the present owner of the PT38 hi miler. The condition of this coach is not really a testament to how well a Bird is manufactured. It is the
maintenance that makes the difference. When people buy one of those garbage Thor or Forest Fiver products and do not do proper maintenance it really does not matter. Those coaches self destruct on their own. The original owner of my coach was a statistician for NASCAR. He used the Bird for travelling from race to race. He was under contract and if the coach broke down and he was a no show I would bet he would be looking for another job. I have some of the work orders and he spent a fortune keeping it in perfect condition. Better yet Robert Britton was the second owner and we all know how he fusses with everything! I hope to continue that legacy! So when buying a coach if it appears neglected either be prepared to spend some big bucks or walk away.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
After almost 3 years on WOG, I finally found “the one”. I’ll update my signature soon.

Just closed the deal on this M380, so the other 380 owners will have yet another newbie asking a million questions!! I’ll start a new thread soon with more details.

Jim

Jim, assuming you have been looking for "a good one" for a few years, was it the combination of low cost and good condition, or timing, that prompted you to pull the trigger?

I might be looking for another slide bird when the timing is a little better.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Mark - First, thanks for posting the link. I expressed interest early on with the previous owner but, after seeing your posts about making an offer, intentionally stayed in the background until he texted me that the timing didn't look right for the two of you to do a deal. It was only then that I got serious in talking with him.

Why now? Well, all of what you stated plus trusting my gut after several conversations with the previous owner about his history with coaches and his philosophy about how he uses and maintains them. I'll go into more detail when I have time to create a new thread.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now -- when things settle, hope you find what you're looking for.