Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision View Post

Also, when we first started looking, we were in skoolie mode because RVs are generally constructed very cheaply, or at least that was what my knowledge and experience told me. At the time, I had no idea re: wanderlodges, silver eagles, or the rest of the "luxury" units that are well built, or I would have started here. A craigslist search for "bus" happened to turn up the ad that ultimately led me here, otherwise I still wouldn't know how awesome the birds are. I am happy to have found you all prior to buying a skoolie, and we are hoping to have one soon.
I had a similar path... I remember Wanderlodges as a kid but didn't think of them as a real option (didn't know how well built they were). Currently we have a Sprinter based class B (Roadtrek Agile) and its been awesome for how we travel and camp now (weekends and vacation)... however planning for a future with longer trips (months) I would like more tank capacity, etc. Started with Class A's then ended here:

- Class A - Great layouts, modern tech but low quality and concerned about safety and they pricey (Newmar and Tiffin)

- Super C - Similar to an A with safety of a class B. Kind of like a BIG version of our class B Sprinter... but they are still not great on quality or capacity, they unfortunately have slides, and they are very expensive (Dynamax)

- Skoolie - Could do a DIY and have new tech, safety, and lots of capacity... but then started looking at Wanderlodges...

- Wanderlodge - Great safety, built well, no slides, great tank capacity, can get short size (within 35 feet would be perfect). Interior can be nicely renovated to fit our taste.

My big concern with Wanderlodges is the romance vs. reality question on reliability... are they just too old for my limited skills and I would be constantly frustrated and having to have vendors fix them ($$)? I do like to work on things and have more experience with the RV (house) side of things... not the engine and safety side (Engine, Brakes, and chassis electrical issues). However, I have some time to learn so who knows. The price points are so reasonable (including planning for the $10K and $5K per year) vs. the other options it could still make sense.
Old 6 Days Ago

We are lucky with a background in mechanics, so I'm not too worried about keeping one running. It should be a super cool project for us, and we are looking forward to documenting it extensively for others to ride along.
Old 6 Days Ago
Forum owner

I would be more worried about keeping a brand new rig running,man do they have some issues!

So,my 2000 is now 18 years old,i would and do,drive it anywhere.
Of course we keep it up,service it well,and keep it warm in the winter!
We use it to,its no hanger queen.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 6 Days Ago
Forum owner

Bill Pape has a classic line,he says his warranty ran out 30 years ago!

But,i have no answer for you guys worried about the age of a coach.
New stuff sucks,emission control engines,shoddy construction,and the big thing,the cost of the new units.

Yeah,OK<sometimes we have engine failures,stuff happens.
New stuff fails too,and if the coach is 2 years old or older i bet theres no warranty on the engine left.
so,buy a good used Bird,for not a lot of money (compared to new coachs) and keep some money for a rainy day.
I think thats what most of us do.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 6 Days Ago

Keyne & Revision - you will likely need a good heavy truck or bus mechanic for brakes/tires/chassis systems. You can do wiring, these Birds are wired like a 747, it makes sense and we know where most of the wiring is on WOG. A certain amount of inventiveness is helpful. I have owned two BBs, an FC35SB and my current SP36. I think the 89-90 SP is the perfect balance of comfort and simplicity and I don't need anything larger; in fact a longer coach would be tough to get in the spot behind my office.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 75k
Old 5 Days Ago

Has anyone in the WOG looked at the bus in this thread yet? I'm in AZ and my vantage point is a bit obscured. Feel free to PM me and Happy Holidaze!

Matt
Old 5 Days Ago
Forum owner

Heres one thats closer.
https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...aSm1212018FC31

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
Keyne & Revision - you will likely need a good heavy truck or bus mechanic for brakes/tires/chassis systems.
Thanks for the tip! Have one lined up already in preparation.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
sometimes we have engine failures,stuff happens.
so,buy a good used Bird,for not a lot of money (compared to new coachs) and keep some money for a rainy day.
I think thats what most of us do.
That's our plan, seems like a solid one.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Thanks Randy. I check your inventory regularly and have already looked this one over. My preference leans toward twin bed configurations at this time. I like the idea of the extra isle space and I'm single. If this bus in OH has been sitting since 2013 then that sort of worries me being a newbie. I love the shorter mid '80s PTs but I missed the last few being on the West end. Please keep me in the potential sale recesses of your mind.