Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-02-2009

Default slide out

I brought my slide-out in about a week ago for bad weather, I took it to the state park yesterday and set it up, the slide-out didn't want to go all the way out? It would stop with about another foot to go, I could hear air but it just stopped? I brought it back in and tried again, still would stop about the same place? So I gave it a little push and it went out.
When I went to extend the awning over the windows it was difficult to pull, could there be some kind of restriction in the awning to cause this?

Thanks,
Terry
Old 09-02-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Hi Terry,

I can't help you with the slide problem, but I did notice that you have been a member for some time now, but you haven't created a permanent signature in your profile, please do that for us, to find out how go to How To Post A New Topic Message Or A Reply To A Topic and Add Your Signature

Thanks,

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 09-02-2009

Terry,

It's not the awning. It probably is a tiny bur on a metal arm. Inside the right side mechanism for the slide there is a little decorative cover that goes up and down to cover up the slot the arm moves through as the room moves out. The metal arm that ties the room to the air piston that moves the room "slides" down this decorative cover to make it move. The sharp corner of the metal arm slowly creates a bur on the decorative arm as it slides across it and gets caught on this tiny little bur and stops the room from going all the way out. Took me quite a bit of head scratching to figure this out. My room would go out 3/4 of the way and stop every time in the exact same place.

Took top off of right side mechanism behind driver seat. Took a file and filed off the bur. Put some grease on it and it has worked every time since.

Lloyd Chaffin
2004 M380
Old 09-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchaffin View Post
Terry,

It's not the awning. It probably is a tiny bur on a metal arm. Inside the right side mechanism for the slide there is a little decorative cover that goes up and down to cover up the slot the arm moves through as the room moves out. The metal arm that ties the room to the air piston that moves the room "slides" down this decorative cover to make it move. The sharp corner of the metal arm slowly creates a bur on the decorative arm as it slides across it and gets caught on this tiny little bur and stops the room from going all the way out. Took me quite a bit of head scratching to figure this out. My room would go out 3/4 of the way and stop every time in the exact same place.

Took top off of right side mechanism behind driver seat. Took a file and filed off the bur. Put some grease on it and it has worked every time since.

Lloyd Chaffin
2004 M380
Thanks Lloyd, I will give it a try.
Do you know what kind of warranty the engine has on it, I was told the Cummings had 100,000 mile with out age nor original ownership?
Old 09-02-2009

The ISL engine is 5 years from In-Service-Date or 100K miles which ever is 1st. $100 deductable after 2 years.

Allison tranny is 5 years with unlimited mileage.

Lloyd Chaffin
2004 M380
Old 09-15-2009

This has always been an issue for us. we have to "help" the front slide in and out. I had the air pressure increased and the tracks lubed, but we've just become used to it.

J.L. Haney
2004 M380 D/S
Tag axle? We don't need no stinkin tag axle!
Auction Consulting Experts, LLC
Acebid.com
Lakeland, FL