Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 10-10-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC)

This time we will be at “OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND“ , to make your reservations click on the banner below, or call 1-877-510-1413 their web site is www.oceanlakes.com/ the 50 AMP full hookup sites are $31.00 plus a 11%sales tax, be sure to mention 'BIRDS AT THE BEACH when you are making your reservations, this will get most of us together in the HH section, there will be a few of you in the H section just across the road, we have 30 sites reserved, check here for reservation information OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf

To view a PDF file of the campsites click on OCEAN LAKES CAMPSITE MAP Those rates are also good for the week before and the week after, if you make those same reservation dates at the time of your rally dates.

Remember the 'Birds at the Beach rally will be the weekend before the Maxton - East Coast Timing Association - Hot Rod Magazine sponsored event, where we will also hold our annual spring 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) again on April 2-3-4-5, 2009 where the track entry fee is only $5.00 for the dry camping and a weekend of races, the temperatures are very moderate that time of the year, so you won't have to run your generator that much, so this way you can get more bang for your fuel buck, it is only 105 miles to Maxton from Myrtle Beach with a stop to get fuel if you need to at the Flying J on I-95 in Latta, SC.
Make sure that you add your information to the Database Sign Up Sheets for each rally found at; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge/database

Ocean Lakes Family Campground,
Myrtle Beach, SC

This campground is a different one than we were at for the last rally in Myrtle Beach, some of you may remember it as the original campground that we used. For a Google Maps satellite view and that can also be used for directions to Ocean Lakes, click on this link below;
GOOGLE MAP OF OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND

Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg   BIRDS AT THE BEACH 2009.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf (1.36 MB, 406 views)

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-28-2008

It's time to start making your plans to attend the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) you can read all of the details about it in the flyer that is posted in this thread, or by going to http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/104343072.

Be sure to also read the OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf and make sure that you add your information to the sign-up sheet located at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ortRows&tbl=20 We have set the date for this rally so that it will be held one weekend before the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) that way you can stay in the area for two enjoyable weekends of low keyed Blue Bird rallies and get more for your fuel expenses.

We need a volunteer to take care of coordinating the food, that has in the past been low keyed, with a night out for the excellent sea food that the area has to offer. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at iamflagman@aol.com

We also need someone to coordinate a couple of workshops either for the men or the women, or both. I plan on conducting a question and answer session about how to navigate the Wanderlodge Owners Group Forum, in hopes that it will encourage more of the LURKERS to take a more active roll in the forum itself, as it can be intimidating for some of our members..........and also to learn some tips from you

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
We need a volunteer to take care of coordinating the food, that has in the past been low keyed, with a night out for the excellent sea food that the area has to offer. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at iamflagman@aol.com

CHECK OUT THE
Myrtle Beach Weather

Sue Robinson has stepped up to the plate and taken on the job of Food Co-ordinater for both the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) and the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) we really appreciate her help.

She has already come up with a plan for both events and this is what she has planned for us at Myrtle Beach.

Friday - March 27th
Dinner - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers on the Barbeque. Bring what you want to barbeque and a salad or a dessert.

Saturday - March 28th
Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Sunday - March 29th
Pizza Night - We will order in enough pizza for everyone and divide up the cost. Donations for desserts will be appreciated.

Monday - March 30th
Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the Seafood Resaurants in Murell's Inlet

Tuesday - March 31st
Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-25-2009

Thumbs up It's getting closer

OK, now that we have all got ourselves salivating about having a great time at a rally, after hearing all about and seeing the pictures from this years SWBB Quartzsite Rally, it is time to make your reservations for the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) you can find out how to do that by reading the information found previously in this thread and don't forget in order to help give you more bang for you bucks that you spend to get to Myrtle Beach, the following weekend is when we will hold the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) at the MONSTER MILE in Maxton, NC just a short 105 mile trip from Myrtle Beach.

We look forward to seeing our old friends as well as many of you newcomers and don't forget you Wannabe's and SOB owners too, are welcome to attend these rallies where we always seem to have good time at both of them and it is an excellent way to get to put some faces to those names that you see here on the forum too and one of the things that I notice the most is how OLD everyone else seems to be getting

Let us know right here what you would like to do this year , Sue Robinson has some meals planned but there still is some help needed there too, we have a few ideas for a tech discussion, but we would like to know what you want, so give us some ideas. If you have been thinking about purchasing a 'Bird and you want to see a variety of years and models of 'Birds, these rallies are the places to find them, hopefully we will see you there.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-03-2009
Forum owner

Exclamation Drivers School

after going to the Q rally,i'm looking forward to the beach rally,and then on to maxton!
also,at Maxton i will give a ladies driving class,we will do a walk around the coach,doing a safety check,then we will do an inside safety check,then we will drive around the maxton airport,each lady will get to drive,while the others ride and watch!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-08-2009
RV Appraiser

Is there anyway to find out who may be heading to Myrtle Beach. John Hall & I will meet up at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington on the 25th of March. Anyone coming through KY on I 64/I 75 we are planning on a convoy from KY to Myrtle Beach; give us a shout and join us on the way.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 02-13-2009

Default Going My way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Is there anyway to find out who may be heading to Myrtle Beach. John Hall & I will meet up at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington on the 25th of March. Anyone coming through KY on I 64/I 75 we are planning on a convoy from KY to Myrtle Beach; give us a shout and join us on the way.
I'll be heading east from Columbia, SC by going across I-20, I-95, SC-327, US-76, US-501, SC-544 which ends right at the entrance to Ocean Lakes where it intersects with US-17B. I'll probably be heading that way on March 26 and then stay overnight at either the Petro Truck Stop on I-95 at Florence, SC or stay overnight at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Conwy, SC. before heading down to Myrtle Beach.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-13-2009
Forum owner

i'm coming up from the south on I-95.
looking forward to seeing you,old friends and new friends too!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-13-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
I'll be heading east from Columbia, SC by going across I-20, I-95, SC-327, US-76, US-501, SC-544 which ends right at the entrance to Ocean Lakes where it intersects with US-17B. I'll probably be heading that way on March 26 and then stay overnight at either the Petro Truck Stop on I-95 at Florence, SC or stay overnight at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Conwy, SC. before heading down to Myrtle Beach.
If you go with John you'd better hope there aren't any hills.
Old 02-13-2009

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
If you go with John you'd better hope there aren't any hills.
John and I in the same boat. I'm going to try to find Finn's Inn on Thursday night just to draft off him the rest of the way in on Friday. I'm bringing along an old pair of panty hose and a roll of "duck" tape just in case I run up on Woody and get him to tow me on in. Just hope my wheels can turn that fast.

J. .... goin' so slow I can even watch the Palmettos grow.