Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipvendor50 View Post
I bought one from them, cheap cheap, on the way home rivets/screws were falling out, pure junk in my opinion.

Haulmark, Cargo Mate or much more expensive Featherlite are the trailers to buy.
I am curious what the brand was and what year did you buy? There are allot of those GA companies and I at the moment I am looking at one of them because of the options I can add, thus making it a better trailer, unless they don't put the screws in properly......

The reviews online aren't of much help to pick a company since every company has someone who hated their trailer and called it junk including some of the big names. And I don't doubt the reviews, or at least the sincerity of those owner's experiences. I am finding it difficult to find what I want and I don't want to through the baby out with the bath water.

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi
Old 6 Days Ago
Forum owner

The trailer Bill S is talking about was delivered to my home,for Bill.
It reeked of cheap.
Raw edges on wood and alum. and screws spaced too far apart,it needed twice as many screws as it had.
The roof was supposed to be one piece,but it was seamed in the middle,front to back.

On the other hand,John Finns trailer was built in Ga and its held up well,hes towed it many,many miles.
The quality of Johns trailer was much better than Bills trailer.

So,there may be a good trailer built in Ga.

Both Johns and Bills trailers were built years ago now.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 6 Days Ago

http://wellscargo.com/models/cargo-t...s/road-force-v

http://rnrtrailers.com/

For the traditional steel frame/plywood and chipboard type, I'd look hard @ the Wells Cargo, had several Pace American Big Foot rigs over the years, were OK sort of but not sure about that after they reorganized.
Bought a well optioned 20' wide body from R&R recently, it's pretty nice for the money, but you have to be VERY specific with any of the builders with your specs. For instance I had one situation where finished interior was ordered and got vinyl on the walls. In my view the reason to pay for a finished interior is the added structural strength from having the wall frame work supported on both sides with rivited aluminum sheet. That was the way it was done @ Pace, but as I discovered some of the other out fits cut that corner.
At anyrate when I ordered the R&R made sure that was all understood.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 6 Days Ago

Looks like you will have to go look at what a company builds and decide. Who build it is more important than where it is built.
Old 6 Days Ago
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
The trailer Bill S is talking about was delivered to my home,for Bill.
It reeked of cheap.
Raw edges on wood and alum. and screws spaced too far apart,it needed twice as many screws as it had.
The roof was supposed to be one piece,but it was seamed in the middle,front to back.

On the other hand,John Finns trailer was built in Ga and its held up well,hes towed it many,many miles.
The quality of Johns trailer was much better than Bills trailer.

So,there may be a good trailer built in Ga.

Both Johns and Bills trailers were built years ago now.
I believe that Bill's trailer was a later model of the same one I had manufactured by Cargo Craft of which I have owned two of them the first one was shorter and better built than the second one a 2005 27 foot Cargo Craft that I can also carry my golf cart in it was the trailer that I could afford at the time and I still own it, we did however have to change out the torsion axles over to a pair of Dexter spring type axles, which also required the addition of frame rails to make the axle itself to flex less this I feel was a manufacture error, but was added years after I purchased the trailer, I still use the trailer today.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RT. FR. RYANS.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	54026  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11