Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 01-15-2015

Default Bob's Diesel Service Yuma

This was the best diesel service place I have ever been. When I called around he was recommended by everyone. Never advertises, all word of mouth work. I was stopped 70 miles outside Yuma with hydraulic pump failure so I had no steering and no fan to pull air through the radiator. My 37 foot 36,000 lb. BMC was transported to Bob's on a Landall trailer and he did such a great job on the pump I asked him to find air leaks and lube it as well. The rates were extremely reasonable for cash and somewhat higher for credit (naturally). Labor was figured very conservatively with no padding, so I was happy about that as well. Bob works on huge trucks, busses, Mohos and really knows his stuff. And he has great workers and a big lift!

If I was semi-close, I'd have him do anything I could not do.

Bob's Diesel Service
Hard to find address so call first to get directions.
Yuma, AZ 85364
928-941-6462

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

Website - www.5starselling.com
1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 01-15-2015
Not so Junior anymore

Lee I agree with you 100% Bob's diesel has always been a highly recommended word-of-mouth place in Yuma. I also have another guy Javier who worked for Bob for a number of years and is now sort of an independent subcontractor of Bob's. basically if you need someone and you're stuck out on the road Javier is the guy that gets it moving again. The nice thing is he will come to your house and work on it there or on the side of the road which ever is required. It does cost a little more if you're on the side of the road but it's still extremely reasonable. If you were park someplace safe but you can't or don't want to go into the shop Javier will continue working on it wherever you are if you give him time to do it in between Road callouts. And that cost less.
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Old 01-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
Lee I agree with you 100% Bob's diesel has always been a highly recommended word-of-mouth place in Yuma. I also have another guy Javier who worked for Bob for a number of years and is now sort of an independent subcontractor of Bob's. basically if you need someone and you're stuck out on the road Javier is the guy that gets it moving again. The nice thing is he will come to your house and work on it there or on the side of the road which ever is required. It does cost a little more if you're on the side of the road but it's still extremely reasonable. If you were park someplace safe but you can't or don't want to go into the shop Javier will continue working on it wherever you are if you give him time to do it in between Road callouts. And that cost less.
x2 , he worked on our coach Lee last year and I was very pleased I would say I spent half of what it would have cost back east . Heck with fuel this cheap pays to drive here for his services lol .

I know I will have him look my coach over before heading back

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 01-16-2015
Not so Junior anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
x2 , he worked on our coach Lee last year and I was very pleased I would say I spent half of what it would have cost back east . Heck with fuel this cheap pays to drive here for his services lol .

I know I will have him look my coach over before heading back
I guess that means you're staying at my place for a while after Q.
That means another trip out to the center of the world.
And Mexican food.
Old 01-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
I guess that means you're staying at my place for a while after Q.
That means another trip out to the center of the world.
And Mexican food.

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 03-29-2017
Not so Junior anymore

A quick update on Bob's Diesel Service in Yuma
I had a chance to talk with Bob today. He has room to park to Rv's at his shop one with 30 amp service and one with 50 amp service.
He offers a very substantial cash discount to the tune of $20 an hour off his shop rate.
They have added a couple of new mechanics and a new apprentice.
And they are not afraid to work on Rv's.
They work on pretty much anything from the tires on up through the drive train and suspension.
And he knows how to work on an 8V92
Old 05-10-2017

Is this phone still correct? 928-941-6462
Old 05-11-2017
Not so Junior anymore

Yes that number is correct.
Old 05-12-2017

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2017

So Mark , can I break down at the "Nest" next January and spend a week or so then call him.?
Or maybe I should break down at Larry and Barbs instead?
It is really good to know someone is so close to "Q" that is that good! Maybe inviting him for Rays Prime Rib would be a good idea.
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."