Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 3 Days Ago
Steelwheels's Avatar
Steelwheels Steelwheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque & Downers Grove
Posts: 1,412
Default

I had similar problems, I think, read through this thread.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...962#post456962
__________________
Kiki B
Downers Grove, IL
87fc35
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 2 Days Ago
okstate11 okstate11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Lawton
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
I had similar problems, I think, read through this thread.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...962#post456962

Thanks!! Looks like I'm going to pull the control box out...I'm leaning towards a board purchase...but I'll double check all the connections just to make sure.
__________________
Seth Hastings
Lawton, Oklahoma
N/A
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 2 Days Ago
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate11 View Post
Thanks!! Looks like I'm going to pull the control box out...I'm leaning towards a board purchase...but I'll double check all the connections just to make sure.
The board rarely fails, it is possible and there is one or more replaceable relays.
Good idea to recheck the grounds, on the generator to frame, this gennie rolls
in and out so there is another ground someplace, all connections need removed cleaned even if they look good, recheck the battery connections by removing them.
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 2 Days Ago
okstate11 okstate11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Lawton
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
The board rarely fails, it is possible and there is one or more replaceable relays.
Good idea to recheck the grounds, on the generator to frame, this gennie rolls
in and out so there is another ground someplace, all connections need removed cleaned even if they look good, recheck the battery connections by removing them.

I will check those as well..glad to have some nice weather to work in!
__________________
Seth Hastings
Lawton, Oklahoma
N/A
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 2 Days Ago
Captain Fred Captain Fred is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 325
Default

I am a little confused with your troubleshooting. How many Volts @ the 2 large terminals on the starter. At rest & while attempting to start. One should be batt voltage @ rest & the other zero. The terminal that is zero @ rest is the voltage to the starter motor while cranking. The small terminal on the solenoid should have zero at rest and batt voltage while start is energized.
Did you check the ground ? And I mean take apart & clean, not just look at the connections. Take the cannon plug apart and inspect ot carefully for burnt contacts.
Do everything basic before you throw expensive parts at it.
__________________
Fred Penney
North Billerica, Massachusetts
1987FC35SB
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 17 Hours Ago
okstate11 okstate11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Lawton
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fred View Post
I am a little confused with your troubleshooting. How many Volts @ the 2 large terminals on the starter. At rest & while attempting to start. One should be batt voltage @ rest & the other zero. The terminal that is zero @ rest is the voltage to the starter motor while cranking. The small terminal on the solenoid should have zero at rest and batt voltage while start is energized.
Did you check the ground ? And I mean take apart & clean, not just look at the connections. Take the cannon plug apart and inspect ot carefully for burnt contacts.
Do everything basic before you throw expensive parts at it.
I'm going to post a short video with what I've done/checked as I'm probably not describing my troubleshooting accurately!
__________________
Seth Hastings
Lawton, Oklahoma
N/A
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine starting issue Debugjaws Engine 26 09-30-2018 12:01 AM
Starting/Electrical issue Mark V10 SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 37 09-22-2018 05:42 PM
Starting issue biobug SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 7 11-25-2016 11:20 AM
Starting issue Machineman Electrical 18 07-05-2014 10:15 AM
Intermittent starting issue BikeRider Engine 21 04-10-2013 01:44 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.