Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 04-10-2014

Default Shipshewana - 2014

Its April, our brutal Indiana winter that Jim has been complaining about is almost gone, the campgrounds up north are finally open, and after spending last week at the Birds at the Beach rally, I’m ready for more so……

We are planning a mini Rally beginning Wednesday June 4 until Sunday June 8 in Shipshewana Indiana. The Rally Location will be the Shipshewana North Campground and Cabins (wanabees note, there are a few cabins available here). The website for the campground is www.shipshewanacampgroundnorth.com, and the phone number is (260) 768-7770. Ask for Erma or Sam and tell them you are with the Bluebird Group. You can also drop my name if need be. This is an older campground with mostly 30 amp sites, but a few 50 Amp pull through sites are available. Personally I like to leave these for the guys with “big” coaches, so if you think you can live with 30 amps, mention this along with how big your coach is when you are reserving (living with 30 amps is good practice and you can prove to the big coaches that its possible). I also made arrangements to spread us out a bit this year so we don’t tax their electrical system quite so much. Hopefully we have planned it early enough that we won’t need so much air conditioning. We really like this campground as it is quiet and has an ice cream store right on the site.

What do we do at this rally you ask? We plan nothing except 1 carry in dinner, and maybe a dinner or 2 out. We don’t have awards, and we don’t plan tech sessions. We plan nothing because this is the Rally where the Boys go shopping. You read it right, there are several, many, a bunch of surplus stores within striking distance, and we come back with car fulls of RV trinkets. Some spend thousands, everyone spends something. The girls, if they trust us to be alone with credit cards, go to town with their own credit cards and shop in all of the quaint little Amish shops. Last year we had one couple that bought enough stuff to almost completely remodel the interior of their wide body, and it turned out real nice. We hope they return to show it off. Another couple procured a designer puppy who is now Murphy’s sweetheart. We would love to see them again also.

Shipshewana also has a huge flea market every week and I think it is on Tuesday and Wednesday. You can google that to get the details if you are interested. You may have to come early to go there, but don’t spend all of your money there because there are other, better things to buy.

This location offers a couple of other services.

The first is National RV Refrigeration, and many ‘Bird owners can’t say enough about Leon. Last year Leon installed several new Air conditioners for us, and did some service at the campground also. He’s the go to guy for refrigerator problems as several Woggers can attest. His price is more than fair, he does a really good job, and he’s right next door to the campground. His website is www.fixyourfridge.com. If you have a need here, call Leon to make sure he has enough time to get what you need.

The second is Stuarts Service in Elkhart, an authorized HWH repair facility. The website is www.rvleveling.com. You really need to call ahead here for an appointment as it seems they have limited hours. The phone number is on the website.

There are also lots of other RV related manufacturers around the Elkhart area and this is only a half hour away. Check the display ad section of your FMCA magazine for information.

We have planned this Rally to be the weekend before the FMCA Rally in Elkhart so you can attend that after our get together if you wish. (http://www.fmca.com/chapters/area-ra...eas-area-rally) As Shane would say, the trip to Elkhart isn’t even far enough to heat up the oil in those Detroits. There will be so much more to do at that event and I wish I could attend, but someone needs to contribute to Social Security and I am taking that one for the team.

If you are interested, get your camping reservations in early so we can continue to assess how many sites we need to keep blocked out.

Looking forward to seeing you there !!!
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 04-10-2014

Wish we could be there. I had a blast 2 years ago with you guys. But- I'll be working on an actual Wanderlodge during that time.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 04-10-2014

David, Do you know if the Scotts, Harry and Rose still own Shipshewanna Campground?

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 04-10-2014

David:
Count Ann & I in fer shure. We heard so much good stuff about last year. An aside about Stuarts. A couple years ago I had a rear jack that would not level. It always wanted to go to full extension. I called HWH and they said it needed a new cylinder. I made an appointment at Stuarts. After a very brief exam, they said it was a bad ground (on a Bird-who wooda thunk). They replaced the ground wire and less than 150.00 later I was headed home.
If you want help with a thing let me know.
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by catshreds View Post
David, Do you know if the Scotts, Harry and Rose still own Shipshewanna Campground?
Not sure who owns it. There's one in town too. More of a big rig resort, but not near as much fun. Last year they were both owned by the same owner and as I recall, they were for sale (but then everything is for sale).
96 WB
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTarrier View Post
David:
Count Ann & I in fer shure. We heard so much good stuff about last year. An aside about Stuarts. A couple years ago I had a rear jack that would not level. It always wanted to go to full extension. I called HWH and they said it needed a new cylinder. I made an appointment at Stuarts. After a very brief exam, they said it was a bad ground (on a Bird-who wooda thunk). They replaced the ground wire and less than 150.00 later I was headed home.
If you want help with a thing let me know.
Thanks for the help offer Bill. Last year nothing was needed because the attendees were always out searching for that special trinket, and the campground took care of the accommodations. I just relaxed.
96 WB
Old 04-10-2014
Forum owner

I wish i could come,but as long as Sadie is kicking,we will be here..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-10-2014

We are at the campground as we speak! This is a great place and we have been checking the stocking levels of all the stores. This will be a great rally and is a great place to pick up parts. Kathy and I a hoping to be at the June rally. I have a small event to take care of in the next week and hope that my new hip will be working so we can attend. We have bought many parts up here for our renovations and you will not be sorry you came if you need pieces parts. Thanks to David and Jim for putting this together.
Old 04-10-2014
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by waharbird View Post
We are at the campground as we speak! This is a great place and we have been checking the stocking levels of all the stores. This will be a great rally and is a great place to pick up parts. Kathy and I a hoping to be at the June rally. I have a small event to take care of in the next week and hope that my new hip will be working so we can attend. We have bought many parts up here for our renovations and you will not be sorry you came if you need pieces parts. Thanks to David and Jim for putting this together.
It's not fair you're getting a head start Don't buy anything. Stop by on your way home.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 04-10-2014

We just wanted to see if they still have good deals and I am happy to say they do. We are heading back Saturday but Kathy has come down with a bad cold so I don't think you will want us to share this with you. Take care and we have left several fantastic deals here for everyone.
I saw my first 8 horse team pulling a three bottom plow. Wow what a sight. The are also in the prime time of spreading nature's fertilizer and wow what an aroma.

QUOTE=birds_first;247776]It's not fair you're getting a head start Don't buy anything. Stop by on your way home.[/QUOTE]