Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-15-2024

Default Clock outside air temp

So heres my internet sleuthing..

The clock is a national semi conductor MA1026 found that here
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...8&d=1354125194

That gives a schematic how it works.

That led me to this archer which was radio shack which made the same part number clock display
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27593994566...mis&media=COPY

Then on that listing it gives an archer part number 276-1734 temp sensor

Which there appears to be alot of those on ebay. Ordered a couple.

Then I went and removed my sensor see pics looks the same to me but is has a 226R Resistor - RN55D2260F so ordered some of those.

Wish me luck. Im on a mission to repair all the old electronics call me crazy

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9885.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	92092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9889.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	92093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9888.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	92094  

https://www.instagram.com/theribbitt?utm_source=qr

https://instagram.com/artistformerly...VhN2U2NjQ0Yg==
Old 06-15-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonhitch View Post
So heres my internet sleuthing..

The clock is a national semi conductor MA1026 found that here
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...8&d=1354125194

That gives a schematic how it works.

That led me to this archer which was radio shack which made the same part number clock display
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27593994566...mis&media=COPY

Then on that listing it gives an archer part number 276-1734 temp sensor

Which there appears to be alot of those on ebay. Ordered a couple.

Then I went and removed my sensor see pics looks the same to me but is has a 226R Resistor - RN55D2260F so ordered some of those.

Wish me luck. Im on a mission to repair all the old electronics call me crazy

Dave
Thanks Dave. So where does the LM334Z go, in the outside temp sensor arrangement? Answered my own question on the eBay listing. Now I get it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Radio Shack.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	92100  
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Cruise air repair

Well My ac friend came over handed me a 20lb bottle of 22 refrigerant. We had left the system last week with a 100lbs of nitrogen. Well today it was flat again. We tossed some gas in it charged that up to 100 with nitrogen again. The brazed couplers we did were holding. So started with the sniffer and it was going off above the compressor right there I thought i had to pull the unit. But we turned the sensitivity down on the sniffer and we determined with soap it was the pressure switch on the high side as shown it pic#1. All we did was pull that loose and tightened the small fitting. Boom no more leak at least for now. We vacuumed that unit charged it with a little over 2 lbs. the front unit was a little low it had frozen over in florida so that took about 7oz. The rear unit we couldnt do anything with as the service valves are stuck but it always had a 20-22 degree split on supply air to return so Im leaving it alone. The front two units are both blowing about a 22 degree split if you sense the back of the duct its more but thats not reality. The temp in bus in 15 mins was great. Now I have about 17lbs of 22 for the future for fifty free. I didnt feel right about having him do this for free so I stuffed some hundreds in the console of his truck. I think next week Im finally going to get to yanking the trans out Oh I meant the gendernuetralshiftmodule. Lol
Thanks Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9938.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	92174  

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Well My ac friend came over handed me a 20lb bottle of 22 refrigerant. We had left the system last week with a 100lbs of nitrogen. Well today it was flat again. We tossed some gas in it charged that up to 100 with nitrogen again. The brazed couplers we did were holding. So started with the sniffer and it was going off above the compressor right there I thought i had to pull the unit. But we turned the sensitivity down on the sniffer and we determined with soap it was the pressure switch on the high side as shown it pic#1. All we did was pull that loose and tightened the small fitting. Boom no more leak at least for now. We vacuumed that unit charged it with a little over 2 lbs. the front unit was a little low it had frozen over in florida so that took about 7oz. The rear unit we couldnt do anything with as the service valves are stuck but it always had a 20-22 degree split on supply air to return so Im leaving it alone. The front two units are both blowing about a 22 degree split if you sense the back of the duct its more but thats not reality. The temp in bus in 15 mins was great. Now I have about 17lbs of 22 for the future for fifty free. I didnt feel right about having him do this for free so I stuffed some hundreds in the console of his truck. I think next week Im finally going to get to yanking the trans out Oh I meant the gendernuetralshiftmodule. Lol
Thanks Dave
Spoken like a true Californian.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Thanks Dave
Is that gonna be a quick turnaround on your genderneutralshiftmodule, or are you gonna be missing the Hood River Rally?
360-434-3839
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarChief View Post
Is that gonna be a quick turnaround on your genderneutralshiftmodule, or are you gonna be missing the Hood River Rally?
Unfortunately we will be missing the rally. Going to address the fact that all the fuel lines trans lines hydraulic hoses are old. The radiator is getting rodded ect. Im probably going to be off the road several months while I make it bigger project lol
Everything back there is original and needs attention so wise move is just take my time attend to everything I can in one shot
We will make it up there in the future
Thanks Dave

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Unfortunately we will be missing the rally. Going to address the fact that all the fuel lines trans lines hydraulic hoses are old. The radiator is getting rodded ect. Im probably going to be off the road several months while I make it bigger project lol
Everything back there is original and needs attention so wise move is just take my time attend to everything I can in one shot
We will make it up there in the future
Thanks Dave
Wise also, because the possibility of an Oregon fan either stealing Ribbit, or atleast them sticking a huge yellow “O” on the bus.
360-434-3839
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Outside air temp/clock repair

Outside air temp repair

Well I may be only tackling little stuff right now but Im glad I did. I found a short and lets face it shorts cause fires. So I thought it was the outside air temp sensor that was the cause of the -40 degree reading. It wasnt it was the wire going behind the fridge had a short. When I was in there with a mirror all the zip ties were old dry and broken. One wire was on the tubes on the back of the fridge guess which one? Yup the outside temp sensor wire. Long story short I noticed it has a insulated pair silver and black and a single non insulated wire that is landed in the plug but doesnt land at the sensor. Continuity meter showed the clear insulated wire and the bare one were shorted to one another. I ripped that out and noticed immediately the wire insulation was melted and black. See pic #1. I had already pulled the insulation back btw. Pic #2 shows the non insulated wire that does nothing but was my short. Now was it burning on the tubes or this brings me back to the story of when the bus was on a dealer lot with no fridge. Either way it has a new fridge but they missed this wire condition. I replaced the sensor part number LM334 and the 126 ohm resistor added new wire adjusted the temp and now it works.
Ill say this anything electrical that doesnt work is getting attention. This is prime example of at least make sure the reason something doesnt work is not a short.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9995.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	92305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9996.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	92306  

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Nice find, Dave! The little victories add up fast at the rate you are going.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Outside air temp repair

Well I may be only tackling little stuff right now but Im glad I did. I found a short and lets face it shorts cause fires. So I thought it was the outside air temp sensor that was the cause of the -40 degree reading. It wasnt it was the wire going behind the fridge had a short. When I was in there with a mirror all the zip ties were old dry and broken. One wire was on the tubes on the back of the fridge guess which one? Yup the outside temp sensor wire. Long story short I noticed it has a insulated pair silver and black and a single non insulated wire that is landed in the plug but doesnt land at the sensor. Continuity meter showed the clear insulated wire and the bare one were shorted to one another. I ripped that out and noticed immediately the wire insulation was melted and black. See pic #1. I had already pulled the insulation back btw. Pic #2 shows the non insulated wire that does nothing but was my short. Now was it burning on the tubes or this brings me back to the story of when the bus was on a dealer lot with no fridge. Either way it has a new fridge but they missed this wire condition. I replaced the sensor part number LM334 and the 126 ohm resistor added new wire adjusted the temp and now it works.
Ill say this anything electrical that doesnt work is getting attention. This is prime example of at least make sure the reason something doesnt work is not a short.

Dave

We all dream about the day we get to that level of repairs on the list.
Double Slide