Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Have you ever purchased anything that was exposed to weather and the elements that was made out of cheap Chinese plastic or rubber? If you had you wouldn't be looking here and betting your life or safety of others in doing so. I have bought some cheap s**t made from Chinese plastic and rubber that deteriorated so fast it made your head spin. None of that stuff had to hold up a 30K+ pound bus. Just saying
That was the whole purpose of the question. Firestone airbags are made in China from what I’ve read. Most everything is made over seas nowadays . We put those parts on our vehicles everyday without a thought. I was simply asking a question.
Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Richie View Post
That was the whole purpose of the question. Firestone airbags are made in China from what I’ve read. Most everything is made over seas nowadays . We put those parts on our vehicles everyday without a thought. I was simply asking a question.
And I think the simple answer is "No we have not heard of or used that brand of air bag".
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
JIms right.
I would stick with firestone bags or something made here.
The labor is to intense to put cheap parts on.
Plus the labor to do it on the road will ruin your vacation.
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2019

I used firestone bags on my bus recently and are satisfied with them. I agree that I wouldn't take chances with an unknown brand. It really takes the best product to last 20 years +. 6 of my 8 were original, so 31 years. They were rough, but not leaking. Firestone would be my choice just for sake of buying what's proven.
1978 GMC Royale 26' (2015-2016)
1982 FC-33SB 250HP (2007-2009)
Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Richie View Post

I was simply answering your question. What you have read and what I have read are two different things, because what I have read it says they are made in the USA. My feeling is even if Firestone or Goodyear are made in China, they would have a better quality control of their product than this Blacktek product. Who ever heard of that outfit? Best of luck in your search.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
[/COLOR]

I was simply answering your question. What you have read and what I have read are two different things, because what I have read it says they are made in the USA. My feeling is even if Firestone or Goodyear are made in China, they would have a better quality control of their product than this Blacktek product. Who ever heard of that outfit? Best of luck in your search.

Blacktek says they are not made in China. Says they are made in Bursa, Turkey.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37