Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Troit View Post
Pretty sure there were a few PTs made in 88. It was a transition year to the WBs.
There were the concept coaches like this https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...9889242018PT40, and perhaps some standard PTs early on too.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about describing Blue Birds, there’s no such thing as “always” or “never” - the exception IS the rule!
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Our 88 is a pt not a wide body. There are many others. I have original brochures showing 88 pt's.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

PTs have chrome bumpers.
WBs have alum bumpers that may be painted silver or polished.
the WB bumper will have rubber ends.
I think hes thinking he has an XXV,is the coach black and have a big XXV on the side?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
Victor, we’re not picking on you. PT in Wanderlodge speak refers to narrow body buses which, according to Blue Bird history, ceased production in 1987 (which is why Randy questioned you). As Tony said, the rear-engine tag axle buses starting in 1988 were wider (102” vs PT’s 96”) and were called (wait for it....) Wide Bodies. Those Wanderlodges are abbreviated as WB##, with ## being the length (eg. WB40). So while you’re technically correct that your 1988 is a pusher tag, Blue Bird owners would refer to it as a WB. There’s a lot of differences between the two, so if you’re looking for info or seeking help, the PT vs WB descriptor matters.

BTW, BB did a lot of strange things, so if you really have a 1988 PT (narrow body), we’d love pics!

Jim
Jim, thanks for the clarification. Trying to learn about this new purchase and the lingo that goes along with it. It must be a WB. I have an old MCI also and it is 96" wide and my 1988 is wider than that.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoose View Post
Jim, thanks for the clarification. Trying to learn about this new purchase and the lingo that goes along with it. It must be a WB. I have an old MCI also and it is 96" wide and my 1988 is wider than that.
Victor: we’ve all gone through the learning process! If you confirm it’s a WB40, make sure you fix your signature so we can offer the right advice/help.

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile