Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 05-25-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Default Roof AC Drains

My center AC has never drained, so now that the AC quit, and I am replacing it, time to fix the drain. I was pretty sure there was a rusted fitting in the wall as Ron had reported. But with a little air and water had it draining fairly quickly. A burst of air did blow the lines apart in the ceiling.
Should have taken picture, but too busy getting panels, removed to access connection. First, a trip the the store for tool to keep from damaging panels.
For anyone who has never had an AC off,, There is a tap on each side of the AC near the front, can feel both of these on each side just under the outer edge. the pipe comes through the roof and a rubber cup funnles the AC into the drain line. Underside, the curb side line curves in front of the ac and connects to a T with the drain from the street side. The fitting that blew off on mine was the curb side, not easy to get to. I had an O ring, hard as a rock, replaced it with an green Airconditioning that fit good, got it tightened up. Figured i need to check the street side drain fitting connection as well as the T. Strangly, all these had pliable flat rings and sealed good. Checked each and tightened. Not easy to get too, Had to pull a few roof panels as well as unscrewing plywood and prying it up to get mininial access to the fittings.
The good news for me, there does not apear to be any fitting in the wall. The same red plastic line in the ceiling apears to go all the way to the propane tank compartment where it exits.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 05-25-2018

Sounds good. Thanks for the tips!

Fort Myers, Florida
1982 FC33 3208T "EM-50" - SOLD
1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"

danahcks@aol.com
Old 05-25-2018

mallei this is a great
write up thanks for sharing it
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-25-2018

Mallie,
A question:
When the drain was clogged did the condensate overflow onto the roof or into the coach vents?
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 05-25-2018

Onto the headliner not the vents.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 05-25-2018

Default Ac Roof Drains

I posted on this issue with pictures in April 2018. The tube had come out of the fitting in the roof. Had to remove ceiling panel and cut hole in the plywood for access. No more leaks after reattaching the red tube.
Old 05-25-2018

I looked at your pics lucas
nice job - hope I don't ever have to do it!!
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-27-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

mine has always just run onto the roof from the center AC.
Not another thing has happened since that day I got a few hours in.
Fortunately plenty of folks want to be cool and are willing to trade diesel dollars for it.

I was informed there are indeed steel fitting in the line. I am surprised because the line drains seem to clean pretty easy and it now drains as fast as I can pour water from the top. And there was no sign of rust I would expect from the rusted steel fittings.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 05-31-2018

Sadly I think this project may be in my future. Noticed a water drip in the upper cabinets right behind the driver seat when the front AC is on.

Not exactly sure how to get to it without removing the upper cabinets.

None of the other drains work, it all seems to run down the outside, but for what ever reason this one is now leaking from the drain tube as far as I can tell.

I don't suppose there is some easy secret WOG techinque that you allows you to pull the upper cabinets in like 10 minutes???
Alpine, Texas
Full Timing
1989 WB 40 "Roll'n Home"
Blog: www.rhhelpers.com
Old 06-08-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Default Rain in Eufaula means a couple of hours Bus work time

I install and work on home AC every day, easy compared to the bus. Finally got the old AC down and new up. Could not get the tractor of backhoe in side the bay, so decided to use the roof crane. Had to pull the bus partially out to get enough highth to swing the crane. I decided on a 15,000 HP with single zone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237.s.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	55823

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0238.s.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	55824
Got it mounted in good shape, now to figure out the thermostat wiring. I have a single zone CT stat on AC and matching wall stat, Only requires 3 wires, and the AH hooks to the Roof unit. Not going to be a plug and play. The roof unit just has about 5 wires to attach to.
I thought the 12v power to ac and the AquaHot connections went to the roof unit on mine, but is looks like they go to my wall thermostat. Either way, going to have to run them through ribbon cable to keep from having to pull another stat wire.
Mallie@EuLake.com