Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Default 1996 Dash and Door Panel Removal

Greetings WOG,
I searched several areas on your site hoping to find the nuggets I need but was unsuccessful. I am a new technician working on a 1996 BMC Wanderlodge. I need to make adjustments to the entry door latches and possibly replace the passenger side wiper pivot. To access each, I believe I need to remove the upper flat dash and the inner door panel. Both are covered in beige "leather". I cannot thus far see how to remove either without damage. The door panel is edged with aluminum channel that is secured by screws under the door panel itself. I can post pictures tomorrow if I'm not describing well enough.

Thank you for any info,
Zeke
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke009 View Post
Greetings WOG,
I searched several areas on your site hoping to find the nuggets I need but was unsuccessful. I am a new technician working on a 1996 BMC Wanderlodge. I need to make adjustments to the entry door latches and possibly replace the passenger side wiper pivot. To access each, I believe I need to remove the upper flat dash and the inner door panel. Both are covered in beige "leather". I cannot thus far see how to remove either without damage. The door panel is edged with aluminum channel that is secured by screws under the door panel itself. I can post pictures tomorrow if I'm not describing well enough.

Thank you for any info,
Zeke
Zeke,
As far as the door is concerned, if its similar to mine I believe that there are button type covers/plugs that cover the screws that you will need to remove to gain access.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1983 PT40 (For Sale)
1979 FC31
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 6 Days Ago
John Wyatt - Admin

I'm not sure on a 96 BMC but on my 91 WB, you have to remove the large grab bar, the wooden window frame and all of the other woodwork from the door in order to get the vinyl door panels off.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 5 Days Ago

No visible screw caps or fasteners to remove. Will tackle the window ring removal next and see if that opens up some options. Thank you both!
Old 5 Days Ago

Is the door cover held on with plastic "christmas tree" fastners? My LX is attached that way.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656