Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddawanderer View Post
Upon inspection of our new 86FC the owner told me he found the Spot lights disconnected.

Do these units present any kind of problem that would lead someone to disconnect them? Is this a headache that I need to made aware?

If not I need to get them hooked back up to the correct circuit so will need help from the local "Sparky" expert.

Thank you.
Jeff,

When I had my '90 with the dual spots, I had problems blowing fuses and found that cleaning and lubricating the gears reduced the current draw substantially. I also ended up replacing the relay box with a home made one using heavier relays. The combination worked and the lights were trouble free after that.

Another note: You should see in the schematics that BB wired these so a relay is constantly energized when the selector switch is in one position. Leaving the selector set to the other spotlight leaves the relay at rest.
Old 05-09-2011

Default Spot light

The Spot Light system utilizes 2 fuses, SK13, 2 Amp and SK17, 15 Amp; check schematic 3963691. The fuse block in the overhead above the driver; check schematic 3963691 and it should match up with 3749918.
Old 03-12-2012
Steve Creed

Ive made a repair on my twin Jabsco spot lights.
The lights come on and switch to spot/flood just as they should, but the left light was the only light that was rotating, (positioning), as it should. No Right Light Aiming!
I figured out that the right/left switch has only two wires, and they energize a relay that sends the power to the RIGHT spotlight aiming motor, through contacts, in that relay. To point it where you want you operate the positioning toggle, Right,Left, Up or Down, after switching to Right. Apparently the R10 E1-X6 V90 relay coil, (the small clear case relay), was not getting 12 volts. upon reading the schematic on this site, I found that the #2 terminal should have 12v anytime the Right/Left Selector switch was pressed to the Right, (R), side. It did not. The Pink wire running out of the switch had # 47 on it. I traced it to the upper left access panel to the #2 screw on the terminal block and found that the 12v was not getting to the #2 terminal, and here is why;
The entire bundle of wires was hanging by the one wire, (Pink #47), (Blue Bird wiring monkey factory defect), BAD MONKEY!, and had compromised the wire where it was broken,(open). Upon manipulating the wire, the relay would intermittently operate as it should. The Fix:
I simply removed the wire from the terminal and cut off and replaced the last 6" of wire and now it works great! I rehung, (mounted the wires with a zip tie, and a bracket.
Thanks to the scematics available on this site, I was able to figure it out. So far Ive repaired 28 items on this bus, with 14 to go!! Now on to the intermittent Cruise Control!
Thanks, Guys
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thank you for this information !!
1987 PT 40 Wayward Wind
Old 3 Weeks Ago

For LX and LXi's, here was my experience with the formerly Jabsco marine spot/flood light:

In 2013 the light would not turn but made a gear-skipping sound. A new gear kit was obtained, ITT Model No. 18753-0457 with a West Marine SKU of 6614523. However, it was discovered the main nylon gear was just fine, and the skipping gear was internal to the geared motor, so the first purchase went to spares and a new geared motor was installed. Turning motor kit is manufacturer’s number 18753-0350 motor -spot light. The West Marine SKU number is 6614374.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thank you for the part numbers!
1987 PT 40 Wayward Wind
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Thank you for the part numbers!
Be aware those part numbers are for the LXi and LX units. Yours is different, I think. However, West Marine might be able to help.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Ok , thanks
1987 PT 40 Wayward Wind