Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 11-12-2010
Administrator

Richard, The high/low beam headlight switch is on the turn signal stock lever.

We are never stumped, We need to start over , discribe the symptoms, again
Old 11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranewbould View Post
ATCKIP, Tried that, no change. I noticed when I switched on the cabin batteries there is a click and then the lights go on. Same thing happens when I switch them off. Is there a senloid in that compartment? Maybe it needs to be replaced.
Another possibility if it is just the high beams is a problem with the turn signal/light dimmer stalk. It is designed so a pull back on the stalk flashes the high beams, even with the headlamp switch in the "Off" position. My guess is the stalk is the culprit and stuck in this position. I had one go bad on my '90 and the high beam headlights would shut off when the right turn signal was activated.

If you hear the soleniod clicking, it is probably working normally. Have you checked the On/Off switch for the headlights to rule it out? Dimmer for low beams (on the turn signal stalk on my previous 90) works to switch high and low beams? On many '90's the chassis and coach batteries are connected so when you say "when I switched on the cabin batteries" you are probably turning "On" the chassis batteries too.
Old 11-12-2010

Mr Pape and G Man, Thank you. I am going out to install the Battery Chargers and I will try your suggestions. If nothing happens I will report to everyone. Thank you again!
Old 11-12-2010

TO: ATCKIP
Mr Hulse
Mr Robinson
Mr Pape
G Man

ATCKIP, solved the headlight issue, I thought the security switch was already off. When I finished trying the turn signal suggestions I when to the bedroom switch, turned it the other way and Lo and Behold headlights turned off. On another note, I installed the Iota DLS 45 battery changers and they are currently (tongue in cheek) charging up the batteries. Next task is the inverter scheduled for Monday.
I am very appreciative of all your suggestions to someone whom you do not know from Adam. Thank you very much again, maybe I'll be able to leave this Sheridan soon!
Old 11-12-2010
Forum owner

AHHHH!!! the famous Blair Switch has struck again!!
John,insert the Blair Switch Project pics now!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-13-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
AHHHH!!! the famous Blair Switch has struck again!!
John,insert the Blair Switch Project pics now!
Here it is;

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Where is Blair when you need someone to pick on....again, oh that's right he sold his 'Bird I was on the phone one morning with Randy and he told me that Blair had just called him earlier that morning stating that SOMETHING had run the batteries down overnight on his 'Bird, a short time earlier that week I had done the same thing but caught it, before it ran the batteries down and here is what I did to remedy the problem, it really works and since the backup lights are part of the security light system, the buzzer sounds whenever I place the transmission in reverse, assuring me that the backup lights are on.

You can also install the switch that I custom designed just for Blair;

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 11-13-2010
Forum owner

hahahaa! good job John!
As you guys can see,we have had a good time with the "security light switch" through the years.

Blair could not figure out what was going on and he cut the wires to the docking lights.
He has never lived it down!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-25-2017

Default Headlights won't turn off solved by Bill P post

Bill's post #3

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=2631

Started the generator this morning for hot water. When it was time to shut it down I went out front to check temp of generator and found all front lights on.
On the dash the indicator lights for docking lights, parking lights and high beam indicator were on.
I pulled the dash off to check light switch, took out new headlight bulb (the two things I had recently worked on), tried to make sense of the schematics I have..... it was looking like it would be a long day.
Before sending a question I searched headlights and started reading until I got to Bill's post. YES I hit the switch with my head in the morning.

Luckily I didn't pull a bunch of wires apart.

Thank you Bill
89 SP 36
Body #F82224
Old 12-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm View Post
Bill's post #3

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=2631

Started the generator this morning for hot water. When it was time to shut it down I went out front to check temp of generator and found all front lights on.
On the dash the indicator lights for docking lights, parking lights and high beam indicator were on.
I pulled the dash off to check light switch, took out new headlight bulb (the two things I had recently worked on), tried to make sense of the schematics I have..... it was looking like it would be a long day.
Before sending a question I searched headlights and started reading until I got to Bill's post. YES I hit the switch with my head in the morning.

Luckily I didn't pull a bunch of wires apart.

Thank you Bill

Thanks for this thread!

Working on the bird today, had the front dash apart (trying to replace the radio), and hit the "security lock" switch by mistake...ok...but now I can not get the door to open...hmm...well...I recall a switch in the back...above the bed. There it is...which way do I turn this...that did not work...wait, the door is open now...great...hold on! Why are the landing lights and headlights on?? ***???

I spent an hour trying to figure it out...sun was dropping, so disconnected the batteries and figured it will be a task for tomorrow...and now, it seems, I have found the answer...

Thanks boys!