Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 08-12-2009

John,

My coach has three small aisle lights. One by the couch, one by the dinette and one in the bedroom. They are good to leave on overnight so you don't trip if you have get up in the dark.
I replaced all three with led bulbs that only have three leds on each one so they wouldn't be to bright. IMHO they work perfect and are great to leave on all night even when boondocking because of the low power usage. I will note that I had to replace one already without much usage on it. We'll see how they hold up? NH Bill and Shane have them also, maybe they'll give their opinons also.
Westchester Sandblast
Old 08-12-2009
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Very little energy and low heat. When I was with Shane and Tom at Quartzite we experimented with about five or six varieties ranging in price from $9 to $32/ea
Problem with many was tolerating voltage fluctuation.

Shane bought a number of bulbs in the middle of that price range from WOO (different woo inside joke he will laugh when he sees this) range and one started pulsing about a day after we left. I don't know how the others have held up. As the months go by, these 12 v LEDs are getting more reliable and cheeper.

Thanks to Tom S, I have three in my isle night lights and these, as Toms states are perfect for all night use. So far, not problems but, have only used them for a couple weeks worth of nights.

Sam's is selling 110v for home use now and I'm running some dusk to dawn around the outside of the house and so far, so good after several months.

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida

Last edited by NH Bill; 08-12-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-12-2009

http://www.jclampstand.com/index.php?md=products

I've been running these for over a year. I have the JC-36-AB in my shower fixture, and 2 in my laundry closet. If not for price I'd put them in all my storage bin fixtures as well. I also have JC-15-W in the brass light fixtures over the bed. No problems so far.

JC-18SMD-AB is new since I ordered last. I may try them in the swing out reading fixtures over the chairs.
Old 08-13-2009
popeye

I bought a dozen at Q (with Shane) and have had 2 self destruct (in one the glue actually melted, dripping onto my wife's head...not pleased) and most of the rest are subject to voltage fluctuations when the charger is on. They are energy efficient...

I'd like to find a more reliable bulb, and would also like to find an LED flourescent replacement.
Old 08-13-2009

Ahhh yes- our dear friend "Woo!" (as in the guy that Al Swearingin used to kick around on Deadwood) One thing that I WILL say about Woo's lamps is that they are bright, warm white light. Not that neon blue ****! None of mine have melted like Popeye's, but they do flicker when voltage is over 13.7. If you have a ****** IOTA charger, it's not usually a problem. We heard all about his (Woo's) lights having more "Rumens" - took us a while to understand that he meant Lumens. If anyone is going to Q this January, Bill, Popeye and I will be happy to introduce you to the myriad snake-oil LED jockeys. (after we introduce you to "Paul" at the at the Reader's Oasis!) see http://www.rvtravel.com/blog/quartzs...ar-guy-in.html

“Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 08-13-2009
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Ok, we better stop picking on Woo. He did have some of the best lamps in town and I dare say HIS English is a whole lot better than MY Chinese!

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Old 01-17-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_sorrentino View Post
John,

My coach has three small aisle lights. One by the couch, one by the dinette and one in the bedroom. They are good to leave on overnight so you don't trip if you have get up in the dark.
I replaced all three with led bulbs that only have three leds on each one so they wouldn't be to bright. IMHO they work perfect and are great to leave on all night even when boondocking because of the low power usage. I will note that I had to replace one already without much usage on it. We'll see how they hold up? NH Bill and Shane have them also, maybe they'll give their opinons also.

Tom,

How are the remainder of the LED aisle lights performing, I followed Rob and the HeckMan in my own car yesterday over to opening day of the big tent to see if I could find some for my 'Bird, but I physically didn't last through the complete tent, so I didn't find the mini base 12V LED's, so I left early and it must have been an omen as I almost didn't find where I had parked my car, so I got in some extra walking that I hadn't planned on doing

I'd like to use them for here at Q, Maxton and any night that I'm boondocking, they would help to keep me from stepping on Callie and also my AIM in the middle of the night if you know what I mean

I found these online in either one or four LED's per light http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ide.htm#Table2

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-17-2010

John,

I can show you where Woo's tent is. But it's best to go to the Big Tent before 10am. I will also show you my favorite LED guy... and another LED guy to totally avoid!!!
2000 LXI "Fort R #5"
Fort Worth, Tx gardendoc@aol.com
Old 01-17-2010

John,

So far the remainder of the led's are holding up fine. I honestly don't have a lot of hours on them though. Maybe Shane or NH Bill will pipe in, they may have used theirs more. I may have given them to others also, but don't remember.
Too bad we didn't discuss them when you were here visiting, I have some extra's, just swing by on your way home from Q and I'll give them to you.
The place where I got mine was http://www.newark.com/ if you need the exact part number I can get it for you on Tues when I'm back at work.
As far as power compsumption, leaving them on over night and enough night light to "aim" properly, they are great!
You should go to Mr. Woo's tent anyway, just to say you've been there!
Westchester Sandblast
Old 03-04-2010

We are obtaining some sample led lights to retrofit the halogen puck lights
there is a variety of lights starting the equivalent to 10 watt up to 25 watt

I am going to assume that the demand will be for warm white to duplicate the
color temperature of the existing of the existing halogen light
I am going to assume that everyone will want approximately 15 watts of output for a similar quality of light and also for the size
Bear in mind there will be a significant change in appearance of the lamp. It will not be Capsule it will be a plate with the leds attached
The obvious difference between the led and halogen is less heat decreased power draw and longevity of the lamp

If there is any interest let me know

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact