Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 06-02-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Solenoids 12 Volt found on some models and years of Wanderlodge's

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Links, Files, Old Yahoo Forum Database and Downloads > Manuals and Files Stored in This Forums Software DATABASE > Index of Downloaded Manuals and Files in Forums Software Database >FILES & DIRECTORIES > Solenoids12-24V-Desc..> 1.1M

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) > FC Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Modification Repair

COLE HERSEE e_solenoid.pdf (275.3 KB)

WHITE RODGERS SOLENOIDSR-4003web.pdf (235.8 KB)

Following here are copies of some posts relating to th different solenoids found in some Wanderlodge models and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
This may or may not be difficult to find locally, so if you cannot find one check with;

Mega RV Parts
33866 SE Eastgate Circle
Corvallis, OR 97333
Ph: (541)758-8242
http://megarvparts.com/

The distributor is;

http://www.dieselequipment.com/item_details.aspx?catID=2&prodID=1749

Diesel Equipment Company
212-220 Atwell Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27406
336-373-8331
http://www.dieselequipment.com/contact.aspx

Quote:
WHITE RODGERS SOLENOIDSR-4003web.pdf

TYPE 70/71 PART NUMBERING SYSTEM

70-3-11-224-5

Basic Part Number Series; Type 71 case is approx. 0.29” longer than Type 70

Contact Form; 3 – SPDT

Coil Voltage/Duty; 11 – 12 Volt continuous

Coil Termination (15 in-lb torque spec.); 224 – Isolated coil, Cu NO and Ag NC contacts

Factory Assigned Specials (where undefined, contact factory); 5 – Hardware bulk packed

Quote:
Here is the picture of Ron's solenoid, the part number on it is 70-311224-5 ;

That would be a White - Rogers 70-311224-5 solenoid;

My front overhead compartment has the turn signal / brake lights solenoids and another solenoid similar to yours that when the ignition switch is turned on it activates that solenoid to provide 12 volt power to the circuit breakers loacted up there, it can just barely be seen at the far right of the picture below, does this look like yours?

Quote:
The picture is for reference purposes only and the text does not apply to finding or fixing your problem.

Here is the solenoid and it's part number;

Quote:
Proof that no two 'Birds were built exactly alike, even of the same year and model, mine was actually built in late 1981 as a 1982 model.

It may be a good idea to purchase a spare turn signal solenoid like shown in my picture, I've replaced both of mine. They are White Rodgers 70-111224-5 Continuous Duty Solenoids.

I purchased mine from;

Mega RV Parts
33866 SE Eastgate Circle
Corvallis, OR 97333
Ph: (541)758-8242
http://megarvparts.com/

The cost was $27.63 plus shipping which was the least expensive source that I could find, here is the link to the solenoid on their website http://megarvparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_ id=175&zenid=cdb0ddc75bc34acca1e5e56e9b9d1569

They were actually shipped from;
Diesel Equipment Company
Greensboro, North Carolina
http://www.dieselequipment.com/item_details.aspx?catID=2&prodID=1257

They serve as a central warehouse distributor of diesel fuel injection systems and heavy duty electrical products.

All three of the solenoids up there are the same White Rodgers 70-111224-5 Continuous Duty Solenoids, this may also be the solenoid that you have too.

The link above to the solenoid on the Mega RV Parts web site doesn't show them as available although they show them on the Electrical page, so i would suggest that you call them for availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
Not sure what that relay does but if you are looking for a "Ford" style relay like this:

Then the Napa Echlin part number is: ST85. Should be available at most any Napa store. Or if you prefer the more generic ID: SS608 - Switch Interruptor Commutateur. That is a continous duty relay.

Local cost is about $60.

Quote:
You have me a little confused (that's not surprising is it) with the location of what you are referring to as the starter solenoid, now I know there are differences in almost every 'Bird that has been built, but the starter solenoid on my '82 FC is located on the inside of the frame rail curb side just behind the engines front cross member which puts it very close to the starter, as you can see here in one of NH Bill's pictures on his '83FC.

These are sometimes referred to as FORD STYLE starter solenoids and are available at most parts stores, as to what the part number would be I can't help you with that, but sometimes you can find a part number on the solenoid itself.

Please post a picture of what you are talking about so that we can better answer your question.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COLE HERSEE e_solenoid.pdf (275.3 KB, 529 views)
File Type: pdf WHITE RODGERS SOLENOIDSR-4003web.pdf (235.8 KB, 417 views)

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11