Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 01-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Every 5 years I put new steer tires on and put the old ones on the tags. Every 10 years I replace the drives. I keep the bus parked on rubber mats in the garage, when not in use. So there is no contact with sun or concrete when in storage. I think my rotation method is about the max. I would consider.
It’s time to start looking at tires. Is this the current recommendation?
Old 01-29-2020

Just my personal experience being in the tire business. The tire I have had the most warranty issues with has been Michelin, also the first to dry rot and crack. Goodyear come in second worst. Ive had very good performance with Firestone 400 Coach tires, as well as Dunlop and Continental.
I just installed 8 new Sumitomo"s on my coach. I also have them on my jeep. I have had excellent experiences with Sumitomo tires,and since im a distributor for them I also get great pricing, which helped with my decision. My brother who has owned and operated several trucking companies swears by them.
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tow'd
Harley Ultra Classic on trailer
Owner at BlackJack Tire and Battery
Old 01-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird View Post
Just my personal experience being in the tire business. The tire I have had the most warranty issues with has been Michelin, also the first to dry rot and crack. Goodyear come in second worst. Ive had very good performance with Firestone 400 Coach tires, as well as Dunlop and Continental.
I've had the same experience with Michelin. Installed Cooper Roadmasters last year. Half the price and excellent so far.
"The Aviary"