Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ladies General Discussion

Ladies General Discussion Discussion of general topics that the ladies of WOG may find interesting to talk about.

Site Search:

Old 10-29-2012

We used to take fancy wine glasses, but now we drink it "straight from the box"
Old 10-29-2012

Thanks ya'll for the warm welcome
Well it sound like it might be a smooth rider, so I may not have to be too worried about things bumping around. Now Thanksgiving dinner for four on the road, that might be interesting. lol we are not going to far we are in central Florida and thinking going up to Ga. just 3 or four day while daughter is out of school, find a state park or something. I'm very open to suggestions (poke, poke) if anyone knows of a good RV stop, sight. not sure what they are call camp ground maybe? boy I'm going to have to learn a how new language. LOL
one more thing Margaret mentioned a slow cooker is there a limit to how much I can plug in at once. without frying the electrical system that is, like say two small slow cookers to keep things warm?
can't wait for Thanks giving now. Family in tight quarters for a few days, with No cable TV, No computers. "O" No maybe I should rethink this. **** Not
Old 10-29-2012

Not sure how far north into Georgia you want to go, but the yearly Bluebird rally we just finished was held at Pine Mountain RV resort - website:
http://www.pinemountain.rvcoutdoors.com/

They have nice concrete pads, 50 amp electric, water, sewer and cable TV. For your first time I think it would be an excellent choice. It is a very well run park, and the staff would most likely be ready to answer any questions you would have, as well as the resources you have here on WOG.

If you don't want to go that far, I am sure that others will be along with some recommendations.

The slow cookers probably wouldn't be an issue since you will most likely not be using your air conditioners. I wouldn't have them plugged into the same outlet.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethatsme View Post
Thanks ya'll for the warm welcome
one more thing Margaret mentioned a slow cooker is there a limit to how much I can plug in at once. without frying the electrical system that is, like say two small slow cookers to keep things warm?
can't wait for Thanks giving now. Family in tight quarters for a few days, with No cable TV, No computers. "O" No maybe I should rethink this. **** Not
If you're going to be plugged into 50 amp service, you can pretty much turn EVERYTHING on in your coach at the same time, and not worry too much about frying anything. If you're using the generator, for the most part, the same thing applies. Any rational amount of electric devices powered on at once will be fine. You really don't have to even think about it.

That being said, if you're connected to 30 amp (or even less) service, you'll have to start conserving power. Just your hot water heater and an electric heater will pretty much be the limit of your power at 30 amps. The florescent lights don't use a meaningful amount of power, so you can always turn on as many lights as you want.

Let me know what your electrical situation will be, and I can help you figure out what you can use (or not use). It's not really too difficult, but it's always a bit better to have someone walk you through it versus trial and error.

-Robert
Linden, Michigan
Old 10-29-2012

Where are you going to be in Georgia? We retired out of Atlanta and there are a number or Georgians on this site.
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 10-29-2012

Tina
My wife and I live in Dover to your east. We are by no means as smart as most of the folks on here but if you need anything and I am home (macDill AFB) I will be glad to help. There are a few bird owners in the area, I am sure anyone of them would be glad to help. We are still new and very prone to overpacking things, and most of our cabinet surprises are related to some driving error on my part. My wife would never pack anything in a hap hazard way that would cause everything to fall out of cabinet when I try to get a glass after a full day of work and driving ;-).
Dover, Fla.
Retired from first job...
Working too hard at second one !!!
Old 10-29-2012

"Wow" guys ya'all are so helpful This is great
Not sure where in Ga just checking out web sites. To be honset this old girl has only been out of florida a hand full of times so I'm not to sure where I want us to go. It's kind of hard to pick things from web sites I'll go check out pine mountain to see how far up in Ga it is.
thanks again for the info
Te
Old 10-29-2012

Hi, welcome to the world of RVing. We also are full timers and concur with the advice given so far. You might want to consider making the Thanksgiving dinner a little easier to manage so you have more time to enjoy your surroundings. Calloway Gardens is very near the Pine Mountain RV park and a wonderful place to walk and drive through. They really decorate for the holidays, especially Christmas.

The year our son enlisted in the Navy, we rethought our Christmas dinner. Instead of the traditional holiday dinner with all the trimmings we went with BBQ hamburgers and strawberry shortcake. That is now our favorite Christmas dinner. No fuss, plenty of time to enjoy the celebration. So you might consider a new traditional Thanksgiving dinner and be able to relax and enjoy it as well.....Just a thought...
Missouri
Old 10-30-2012
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Couple of things..

Thanksgiving dinner was pretty easy at the Dunes. Pulled out the fryer, set it on the sand, filled with oil, insert bird. No combustible material for miles.

Wanted to share a story my parents went through on their boat. They had china specifically made for the boat with the boat's name on it. First time the boat "rolled" the plates slid right off the table.

So, after they consulted other boat owners their NEW plates had a rubber ring around the bottom to prevent sliding. First time the boat "rolled" the soup came out of the bowls BUT the bowls did not move.

That anti-slid material between the dishes has worked well for us in the bus.
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 10-30-2012

Love the soup story (i'm still lol'n) I can so see that happening. I not getting fancy with the dinner going to cook ahead a small turkey with stuffing, good old can of crenberry sauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes.
Just so you know my ideal of china is just dishes we don't use every day, they are far from fine china or even to fine matter of fact LOL
their twenty-five year old dished we got on our wedding I think we might have used them two or three times in those twenty-five years.