Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ladies General Discussion

Ladies General Discussion Discussion of general topics that the ladies of WOG may find interesting to talk about.

Site Search:

Old 10-30-2012
Former Bird Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
If you're going to be plugged into 50 amp service, you can pretty much turn EVERYTHING on in your coach at the same time, and not worry too much about frying anything. If you're using the generator, for the most part, the same thing applies. Any rational amount of electric devices powered on at once will be fine. You really don't have to even think about it.

That being said, if you're connected to 30 amp (or even less) service, you'll have to start conserving power. Just your hot water heater and an electric heater will pretty much be the limit of your power at 30 amps. The florescent lights don't use a meaningful amount of power, so you can always turn on as many lights as you want.

Let me know what your electrical situation will be, and I can help you figure out what you can use (or not use). It's not really too difficult, but it's always a bit better to have someone walk you through it versus trial and error.

-Robert
One hint with a slow cooker -- you can slow cook a nice dinner while going over the road ... simply set up your cooker with the meat and vegetables you want ... then set it in the galley sink. (A small towel might be needed for padding.) The generator will need to be running as you drive, but most slow cookers travel very nicely in the sink. It's nice to have a hot, home-cooked meal at the end of a long day on the road.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteaeonix View Post
One hint with a slow cooker -- you can slow cook a nice dinner while going over the road ... simply set up your cooker with the meat and vegetables you want ... then set it in the galley sink. (A small towel might be needed for padding.) The generator will need to be running as you drive, but most slow cookers travel very nicely in the sink. It's nice to have a hot, home-cooked meal at the end of a long day on the road.
My wife does the exact same thing (although we use the coach's inverter versus generator )

A crock pot is a great way to make wonderfully homemade food while on the road. Ours gets a lot of use during the summer months on vacation.
Linden, Michigan
Old 10-30-2012
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

When I was kid my father use to put a roast on top of the engine wrapped in foil. When we reached Disney Land from Phx the roast was perfect!
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 10-30-2012

Congratulations on your Bluebird!! The hardest thing to do is not pack too much stuff. That you will learn as you go. Melmac or Corelle is really the way to go for dishes. Remember stove consist usually of two burners so you don't need a lot of pots and pans.(That was a hard one for me.) It is easier to buy separately for the coach so you are not constantly bringing things from home only to carry them back and forth. If you forget something (which you will--we all do) buy it Wal Marts all over! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving trip, and look forward to seeing you at the Rally in Clear Water in January.
Donna Bragdon signature on the way
Old 10-30-2012

Rally...... here in Clearwater? How cool is that. But wait.... thats means no trip a way for home. :-(
I have to have some more info on that anyway. Do you know wherein Clearwater it will be held? "O" I"ll go look for it. Can't believe I've been here most all day reading and did't see anything about that.
Old 10-30-2012

Just want to put in a word on Pine Mountain in Georgia .One of our bird friends is going to try to come--Brian and Karen Altair. There is some kind of light show (I think it has to do with Calloway gardens) but the dinner here at Pine mountain is for everyone to bring a side dish and they are providing the turkey. It sounds really nice but you need to check it out.As far as the rally in Clear water-- (HUSH) it hasn't been announced yet. Keep an eye on the forum for future news about that. Whatever you end up doing and going in your bird you will have a wonderful time--People who travel the bird LOVE IT!
Old 10-30-2012

When Brenda and I were driving home, a coach passed us- so all I do is 60- and speed limit was 75. Lady in co-pilot chair waved and gave a thumbs up- and she was in an SOB. Life is sweet
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 10-30-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethatsme View Post
Rally...... here in Clearwater? How cool is that. But wait.... thats means no trip a way for home. :-(
I have to have some more info on that anyway. Do you know wherein Clearwater it will be held? "O" I"ll go look for it. Can't believe I've been here most all day reading and did't see anything about that.
Its at a little place on Ulmerton,called Coachworx.
Or Parlaiment coach,same address.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-31-2012

For a nice easy to prepare and no cleanup Thanksgiving dinner, try Cracker Barrel. Just park the coach around back and walk in. They even allow overnite parking.
Old 10-31-2012
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Bragdon View Post
Congratulations on your Bluebird!! The hardest thing to do is not pack too much stuff.
Donna Bragdon signature on the way
Donna you can never pack enough tools and spare parts but you sure can overfill with craft *%#@.