Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 07-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.wernlein View Post
Nice work, glad you got it figured out.

I have a old crack in my grey tank valve body. I used a dremel tool to clean up and make a decent "v" notch and to make the surface rough. Used JB Weld to patch it, then overpatched it again. It's held for a couple of years...but when it goes, I'll replace the valve body - I like your approach...a threaded fitting will be going in.
Frank I should have mentioned this above. If I was to do this again, I would cut right down the center of the valve. That way i could look back into the coupling and have a more clearly delineated point where the fitting meets the pipe. Hope this makes sense.

Bill