Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 07-28-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I'm still a newbie i guess,but i have not seen all the leaks that Andy talks about!
I'm a 99% newbie and you've touched more of these than I'll ever see, but I'd bet money the majority of them leak like this somewhere. On mine most of those leaks would creep down the roof rib channels and drip into the walls, so you'd not notice them until you got a good amount of rain and noticed something else dripping. Some people just let it go. 150 sheet metal screws in the roof is poor design.
Old 07-28-2018

Obviously you're a yankee, and don't under stand southern engineering.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 07-28-2018

on almost all if not all coach there are roof penetrations and they all need maintenance from time to time to stay water tight.. i for one dont mind having to reseal stuff-my new to me coach as it is 15 years old so its on my list even though i dont have leaks presently but will be up on roof soon to install some solar so will check the condition of caulking under walkways i did pull the fantastic fan and reseal it,,, and it needed it so....
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 07-28-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmagoo View Post
on almost all if not all coach there are roof penetrations and they all need maintenance from time to time to stay water tight.. i for one dont mind having to reseal stuff-my new to me coach as it is 15 years old so its on my list even though i dont have leaks presently but will be up on roof soon to install some solar so will check the condition of caulking under walkways i did pull the fantastic fan and reseal it,,, and it needed it so....
I think this is easier/better on the newer rigs with the extrusions vs. diamond plate. The diamond plate puts so much pressure trying to pop those outer screws out and the extrusions are on a flatter roof and are not nearly as wide.