Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 09-18-2011

Here's the last Prevost RV ever built, and the first, the only!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1951-...item1c1ed01f47

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 09-18-2011

Kinda like looking at a 1955 Packard Caribean, triple color paint, wires wheels, 352 V-8 w/dual carbs the last hurrah of a great line of product. Well that's the metaphor that pops into my mind..........
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD33 View Post
If you saw one of those birds going the other way on the interstate, would you recognize it as a Wanderlodge? I wouldn't, it looks like so many other SOB's at a distance. One has to wonder if losing that classic Wanderlodge look or identity ultimately hurt them in the end?
For me, there would be no mistaking that what I was looking at was extreme HIGH END and BIG $$$$$$.
The only other coach that has that "Look" are the Newell's.
Cummins ISX-650HP

Last edited by Morefire; 09-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-18-2011

Of the 3 coach's built by CCW I would not want to own any of them, Are they attractive that's in the eyes of the beholder. Are they well built ? Depends on who you ask, the old guard that got to look at them in detail were not impressed when I queried them as to their validity. So are they Birds? I would say most of us would say yes. Some of use would not. If CCW had a chance to produce coach's in quantity my opinion would be different but three units it hard to judge their validity as a bus, a motor home , and especially as a Bird. I do like the clean look of the modern coach but I would not give up the bay storage to have it. One advantage for example is the roof A/C. If you have a problem, you would rarely loose all of them, in a Central bay type A/C if it goes out you have nothing. So again it's in the eyes of the beholder. I like the classic Blue Bird look. It's a trade off, in some cases I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. Thats not to say I would not buy another more modern coach, but it has a long road to hoe to beat what Ft Valley built for so many years.
Old 09-18-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD33 View Post
If you saw one of those birds going the other way on the interstate, would you recognize it as a Wanderlodge? I wouldn't, it looks like so many other SOB's at a distance. One has to wonder if losing that classic Wanderlodge look or identity ultimately hurt them in the end?
With that huge stainless steel and neon blue, back lit bird on the front and rear clips, I think I'd recognize it! That's the first thing that would go if I owned that bird! (hope there's paint under it).
Old 09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
With that huge stainless steel and neon blue, back lit bird on the front and rear clips, I think I'd recognize it! That's the first thing that would go if I owned that bird! (hope there's paint under it).

Yea, but it would look cool behind my home bar.
Old 09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpersbird View Post
Of the 3 coach's built by CCW I would not want to own any of them, Are they attractive that's in the eyes of the beholder. Are they well built ? Depends on who you ask, the old guard that got to look at them in detail were not impressed when I queried them as to their validity. So are they Birds? I would say most of us would say yes. Some of use would not. If CCW had a chance to produce coach's in quantity my opinion would be different but three units it hard to judge their validity as a bus, a motor home , and especially as a Bird. I do like the clean look of the modern coach but I would not give up the bay storage to have it. One advantage for example is the roof A/C. If you have a problem, you would rarely loose all of them, in a Central bay type A/C if it goes out you have nothing. So again it's in the eyes of the beholder. I like the classic Blue Bird look. It's a trade off, in some cases I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. Thats not to say I would not buy another more modern coach, but it has a long road to hoe to beat what Ft Valley built for so many years.

It's not just 3. Yes 3 fully completed "Wanderlodges" but they made LOTS of the same coach's for Transit buses (and it's the same Coach).
I called the service manager at MTS when I was trying to locate parts, to see if I could get parts through them, or if they had any bus's they were parting out etc..anyway, we had a good talk about them, and he told me they LOVED them, and that they were definetly "top of the line"
He also said they didn't have any problems with them. Most of them ran C13 engines.

Lets face it, ALL the bluebird Wanderlodges are discontinued, but for me, if I were going to spend alot of money on a Bluebird Wanderlodge, as in hundreds of thousands, it would have to be one of those 3 09 models. Not that there is anything wrong with the older ones, I just love the options and the clean look of the new generation.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 09-18-2011
davidmbrady

David G,

The Express 4500 Commuter Bus isn't the same bus as the Wanderlodge Premier XL. Your bus is the same as the 4500, but not the Premier XL.
Old 09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
David G,

The Express 4500 Commuter Bus isn't the same bus as the Wanderlodge Premier XL. Your bus is the same as the 4500, but not the Premier XL.
Very little difference. The biggest difference is that the Steel in the Bay area of the "Wanderlodge is stainless. But same design, and type of construction.
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 09-18-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
Very little difference. The biggest difference is that the Steel in the Bay area of the "Wanderlodge is stainless. But same design, and type of construction.
Nope, the difference is in the construction and design of the chassis.