Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 09-18-2011

oh boy...
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 09-18-2011

Randy left his back door open, so I went in and stole some pic's

If I only had the $$$$$$$

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 09-18-2011

When we saw the "one sold" 09 bird at the last RIV, in Branson, Mo., the coach was a "20 yard" model. The owner was "gracious" enough to let the factory bring it the rally and show it off. It had some beautiful work and some poor quality control. As I remember, a lot of items didn't work, and the fit and finish were not up to previous BB build stds. After the rally, "it was going back to the factory, to correct some items".
Those of you that were also there, probably remember more than me......CRS
Old 09-18-2011

It definitely had issues, Steve. My thoughts were "if these guys can get 2 years under their belts, these will be some amazing coaches." It was too bad the economy took a ****. It would have been interesting to see where they ended up by now.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-18-2011
Former Bird Owner

It's sad that CCW's efforts with the Wanderlodge came to an end after such a brief time. I had my coach serviced by their "Coachworks" service center set up adjacent to their Riverside, CA transit bus operations. They were doing some interesting things with transit coaches (e.g. conversion to natural gas) and they also handled major damage repairs to coaches that had been in accidents, etc.

While I was there (for rather longer than expected (long story)) I was able to talk with the CCW owner and also with Mr. Macy (forget his first name) who was more or less a key player in the Wanderlodge operation. They had great respect for the legacy of the Wanderlodge and seemed to have every intention to create a quality conscious operation. Due to their extensive transit coach operations, they had a better chance to sell the highway and transit coaches that used most of the same chassis components as the Wanderlodge. A strong bus operation would have helped support the RV side of the company (by cutting the unit cost of chassis construction due to economies of scale).

The financial crisis (TARP and whatnot) forced banks to "rebuild" their reserves -- essentially causing and end to new loans (and for CCW) eliminating the possibility to roll over their existing loans that came due. Since CCW was already strained somewhat by the acquisition -- they were simply unable to raise money from any alternate sources... ending the experiment.

As with any new manufacturer, I don't doubt that the first 2 or 3 (or 8 or 10) Wanderlodes under CCW would have been a little shaky quality-wise -- but in time, I think they could have been quite good at the process. (I saw a lot of good quality practices in place at their Riverside facility.) Indeed, as part of the learning process, they had been contracted by the former owners to do a lot of the warranty work on the 2006-8 coaches.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 10-28-2016
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Prevosts don't use ladders. I hear Prevost owners don't use the galley either. Different class group. We climb. We cook. We repair. We crawl all over these things.
You forgot under Ron! Are you "home" yet?

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true