Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 04-09-2010

Default New tires

Hello everyone,

Just got back from GCR tire in Manchester, NH. Got all new sneakers on the BB. This time I put on Bridgestone R250's. GREAT tire. Smooth and quiet. Off course I checked the date code on them. They were 0410. Fourth week of this year, so NO old stock here. And if it's not my immagination, the BB seams to roll a lot easier than before. When I let of the go pedal, it just seems to coast much easier. We balanced just the front tires and one took only about 5 ounces and the other took NONE at all. I put on 12R22.5 load range H. Last time I used Yokohama's. Not impressed at all with them.

I use the Pressure Pro system for monitoring pressures and it works well.

Anyone in the area need tires, see Pete at GCR. (603-669-5432)Everywhere I priced these tires they were in the $550 to $580 range. Pete got them for me for $456 per tire. And the installation tech even wire brushed all the old rubber of the bead seat on the rims.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 04-09-2010
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Meyer View Post
Hello everyone,

Just got back from GCR tire in Manchester, NH. Got all new sneakers on the BB. This time I put on Bridgestone R250's. GREAT tire. Smooth and quiet. Off course I checked the date code on them. They were 0410. Fourth week of this year, so NO old stock here. And if it's not my immagination, the BB seams to roll a lot easier than before. When I let of the go pedal, it just seems to coast much easier. We balanced just the front tires and one took only about 5 ounces and the other took NONE at all. I put on 12R22.5 load range H. Last time I used Yokohama's. Not impressed at all with them.

I use the Pressure Pro system for monitoring pressures and it works well.

Anyone in the area need tires, see Pete at GCR. (603-669-5432)Everywhere I priced these tires they were in the $550 to $580 range. Pete got them for me for $456 per tire. And the installation tech even wire brushed all the old rubber of the bead seat on the rims.

Next project: does onyone know the part number for the filter element for the power steering/fan motor oil filter. It is located in between the drive and tag axles on the driver side frame. The red bypass light is on in the engine compartment. Time to change the filter.
HI,
How much does your front end weigh?
We weigh 13,200 and the H tires we have have a 13,600 carrying capacity.
I am looking to going to a J rating to have enough excess capacity.
In a horse barn with hookups for the winter

I'm so thankful that I had a childhood before technology took over...
Old 04-10-2010

I'm not sure how much the front of the 86 PT38 weighs. But it came with H rated tires and has always had them on with no problems. I did look around for a higher rated tire but could not find one in th 12R22.5 size.

Thanks for the filter numbers.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler