Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 07-25-2019
RV Appraiser

Default Canada Bound 2019

Fran & I will be heading to Canada again next month and was wondering if anyone would like to tag along. We will leaving Louisville on or about August 15 and returning around the 5th of September. We will be heading up to Pukaskwa National Park, on Lake Superior. It is a nice secluded NP, canoeing, hiking trails and lovely views of the lake. It's about a 3 day trip up, we'll most likely stop a night in Michigan, then again somewhere in the Lake Superior Provencal Park before arriving in Pukaskwa. Give me a call if interested and if you need boarder crossing details; what to take and not recommended. This will be about our 20th visit to Ontario. The northern shore of Lake Superior is some of the most beautiful scenery in Ontario. Over the years some of our travel guest have been the Brookshires, Remberts & Halls.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-25-2019

Oh man that looks like a great trip. I've been up that way before, but not with an RV. Stayed in Wawa a few times.
Old 07-25-2019

Great place to spend some time. John really knows his way around that area. Super offer for some lucky folks. We certainly enjoyed our time there.
Old 07-26-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Oh man that looks like a great trip. I've been up that way before, but not with an RV. Stayed in Wawa a few times.
I think we went to the Wawa area about 15 years in a row. Railroad-bed riding in the jeep and picking wild blueberries was some of our pastimes.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
I think we went to the Wawa area about 15 years in a row. Railroad-bed riding in the jeep and picking wild blueberries was some of our pastimes.
I rode my railroad speeder on the Algoma Central rails from SSM and a lodge in Wawa was one of the overnight spots we always went to. Rode over from Hawk Junction I think it was, on the local school bus
Old 07-26-2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Fran & I will be heading to Canada again next month and was wondering if anyone would like to tag along. We will leaving Louisville on or about August 15 and returning around the 5th of September. We will be heading up to Pukaskwa National Park, on Lake Superior. It is a nice secluded NP, canoeing, hiking trails and lovely views of the lake. It's about a 3 day trip up, we'll most likely stop a night in Michigan, then again somewhere in the Lake Superior Provencal Park before arriving in Pukaskwa. Give me a call if interested and if you need boarder crossing details; what to take and not recommended. This will be about our 20th visit to Ontario. The northern shore of Lake Superior is some of the most beautiful scenery in Ontario. Over the years some of our travel guest have been the Brookshires, Remberts & Halls.
Hoot the horn at the first sight of water, Bachawanna Bay, Havilland.
We miss going there
Old 07-27-2019

well john sounds like you have always traveled in great company!!
wish we could go but sadly we need to stay home this summer
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 08-20-2019
RV Appraiser

Day 4 in Canada and we are now in Nipigon for the night, tomorrow well back tract a few miles to hit Canada HW 11 and head northeast into a territory we have never been. Today is our first day with Internet. We left home on Thursday and drove up to Shipshewana RV North to meet up with the Aquahot guy on Fridany morning. When we pulled in Thursday night, Dave & Barbara Ross was there to see Leon, Jim Walters came over on Friday morning. So Dave, Jim & I kept an eye on the Aquahot guy who did a great job. He changed out the fuel filter, put in a new flame sensor, & nozzle, put on a rebuilt control box and adjusted the pressure. All ran great, while Darin Hathaway was there (AH Technician)Fran ran into town to spread cash on the local economy. When she returned we hit the road and drove to the St. Ignace KOA, not a place on my return trip list. Saturday we made it over the boarder at 10:30 with no delays and drove on up to Pukaskwa NP and spent 3 night there, well worth a return visit, alot of improvements since we were there in 2016. Wider roads into the campground and wider entry into the camping sites, the northern loop now has 50 amp BUT you may need 100' of cord to get service, so we stayed in the southern loop ( Hattie Cove) and only had 30 amp, today we drove to Nipigon, then tomorrow well head off up HW 11 to Geraldton to do visit MacLeod Provincial Park for a few days to do some fishing.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 08-21-2019

Sounds like a great trip so far! Never traveled much in Canada...one of these days soon we hope.
Valparaiso, Indiana
Old 08-27-2019
RV Appraiser

Not having Internet access or cell phone service for over a week we are now back in the Wawa area for a few days. On Day 5 we rode up HW11 and stayed a few nights at Macleod Provincial Park and then up to Fushimi PP for a night then back down near Hornepayne to stay in Naggamisis PP, although we didn't fish those who did were reeling in large Walleye to fill the live wells. We have been dry camping off & on and it has been nice. Did have an issue with the aqua hot but it now seems to be running fine. At each park we stayed we rode through to find a site to accommodate a wide body. So if you're ever heading up this way I can assist you. As in the past we disconnect then find the space we'll fit plus have a nice view of the lakes of the park. Currently it is raining and it gives us time to catch up on some work, but if it clears up any we'll hit the trails and do some wild blueberry picking.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_