Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2010

Default engine battery voltage wire color?

1983 PT - 35.

Does anyone know the color of the wire for the dash volt meter labeled "engine battery voltage"? I've been cleaning up the compartment where the old isolator and rediline were mounted and nipped that wire. It wasn't the green or yellow on the current shunt, right?

I've installed a large marine bus bar and continuous current duty along with a microprocessor controller, which energizes the continuous duty solenoids to isolate the three on board batteries (engine, coach, generator) when not under charge.

Pictures to follow when I'm all done.

I can figure it out on my own, if necessary through some trial and error, wish I had a wiring diagram.

Anyone need a working honeywell rediline? Shipping costs would be astronimical, however

Thank you,

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
1983 PT - 35.

Does anyone know the color of the wire for the dash volt meter labeled "engine battery voltage"? I've been cleaning up the compartment where the old isolator and rediline were mounted and nipped that wire. It wasn't the green or yellow on the current shunt, right?

I've installed a large marine bus bar and continuous current duty along with a microprocessor controller, which energizes the continuous duty solenoids to isolate the three on board batteries (engine, coach, generator) when not under charge.

Pictures to follow when I'm all done.

I can figure it out on my own, if necessary through some trial and error, wish I had a wiring diagram.

Anyone need a working honeywell rediline? Shipping costs would be astronimical, however

Thank you,

Doug
Doug. I send you several schematics. They are all out here on the WOG forum and a whole lot more.

1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" FOR SALE
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2010

Curt,
thank you kindly! I only disconnected a few wires. Worst case, I'll get there through trial and error (or brute force).

cheers,

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 09-15-2010

I figured this out. None of the 14 gauge wires directly attach to the volt meter labeled "engine battery". In my bus, there is a large lug with 1 ga that terminates at the battery bank. I suspect this feeds portions of the "house" loads.

I believe the blue 14 ga wire feeds the engine hour meter. This was previously attached to one of the solenoids feeding the rediline. The red wire, which shares a harness with the blue is 12V+ when the ignition is switched on.

The 14 ga. green and yellow go to the house current shunt for the ammeter. In my case, this house ammeter is buried in the bedroom behind one of the cabinet doors on the back wall.

Doug
Ex-PT36

Last edited by DW SD; 09-15-2010 at 05:13 PM.