Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
This is our second time at this campground. It wouldn't be my first choice but its really the only one within walking distance of downtown which is nice if you get thirsty.

We use the campground just as our base as we get out and explore. Saturday we went up to Tomah and Warren to visit cranberry country. Yesterday was a trip down to Mt Horeb to find some trolls. I think we'll end up getting over to a bike trail or two now that its finally cooled down enough to be outside.

But... raccoon watching has me curious. Do they fight or something? Can I place bets on my champion at Ho Chunk?
There was a good beer festival called Troll Fest that I'm sure was cancelled this year. There's also the mustard museum if you're into that kind of thing.

Devil's Lake is a really neat place, but the sheer number and bravery of their raccoon population is unmatched. They encircle your campsite waiting for the fire to burn out, then they move in. If you shine your flashlight around your site at night you will see literally 50 eyes reflecting back. They are into and around the dumpsters in broad daylight. They fight all night, too. I wouldn't camp there, but it's worth visiting if you like to hike and see neat stuff.
Old 1 Week Ago

I don't recall seeing a mustard museum but we're going to have to look into that!
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 1 Week Ago

I just looked up the mustard museum and they moved out of Mount Horeb! It's in Middleton now, not far.
Old 1 Week Ago

At Ft McAllister in GA one night Marvin was eating boiled peanuts and dropping the shells beside his chair until a little hand gently took them out if his hand ... a racoon sitting there just waiting for some handout.
BTW I love it up at Lake Superior in WI, are there any good state parks up there?
Has anyone visited Big Bay SP and used the ferry in a Bird?

1999 BB custom 33' 8.3 Cummins "Jesse"
2002 Toyhauler 7.3 diesel
1958 GM PD4104 "Foolish Pleasure II" Detroit 6 71 (exHound)

Last edited by Blue Moon; 1 Week Ago at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added question about ferry
Old 1 Week Ago

I don't know about Big Bay, but I love it up around Superior. As a train buff it's a neat place, too.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
At Ft McAllister in GA one night Marvin was eating boiled peanuts and dropping the shells beside his chair until a little hand gently took them out if his hand ... a racoon sitting there just waiting for some handout.
BTW I love it up at Lake Superior in WI, are there any good state parks up there?
Has anyone visited Big Bay SP and used the ferry in a Bird?
I can confirm ft McAllister raccoons are not shy. But it's probably my favorite state park in GA
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951